PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 Atlantic SNG Results

Toro
09-02-2004, 10:15 PM
Wormtowne got very unlucky with AA vs my 79o trash or something like that. I made trips on the river is all I remember.

PokerStars Tournament #2545211, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $10.00/$1.00
18 players
Total Prize Pool: $180.00
Tournament started - 2004/09/02 - 20:01:05 (ET)
Tournament finished - 2004/09/02 - 21:39:56 (ET)
1: Toro85 (Worcester), $72.00 (40%)
2: cashtaker (bloomington), $54.00 (30%)
3: Wormtowne (Worcester), $36.00 (20%)
4: andrewslim (Dublin), $18.00 (10%)
5: thomastem (Marengo),
6: Eder (Canmore),
7: spazm6666 (Altamonte Springs),
8: heyrocker (Chicago),
9: Bober1 (Plainview),
10: SeppDeitrich (St. Albert),
11: lorinda (Coventry),
12: sleepyhollow (Beverly),
13: codewarrior (Mentor),
14: sleepytimern (san antonio),
15: woodguy55 (Edmonton),
16: DrPhysic (San Antonio),
17: bombero (Miami),
18: roadkiller (Opelika),

2planka
09-02-2004, 10:23 PM
And it still hurts! Nice win Toro

KT aka Wormtowne

Eder
09-02-2004, 11:34 PM
Pacific results....

PokerStars Tournament #2546247, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $10.00/$1.00
18 players
Total Prize Pool: $180.00
Tournament started - 2004/09/02 @ 21:30:32 (ET)
Tournament finished - 2004/09/02 @ 23:05:00 (ET)
1: Zimm7627, $72.00 (40.00%),
2: Eder, $54.00 (30.00%),
3: dr. jekyl, $36.00 (20.00%),
4: JustGuessin, $18.00 (10.00%),
5: Wormtowne,
6: jedi333,
7: sleepyhollow,
8: Hotrod0823,
9: POKERFANMIKE,
10: gt6062b,
11: DaEvictor,
12: kingpg6,
13: KyDeano,
14: heyrocker,
15: Obender,
16: ToadSuck,
17: Toro85,
18: Bober1

dr. jekyl was kind enough to take a bad beat on the big stack to let me win some of my entry fees back...thanks haha /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2planka
09-03-2004, 12:52 AM
still kickin the pooch

ukgazz
09-03-2004, 04:55 AM
Hiya Guys,

I have allways wanted to enter the Euro one of these but am out ever Tuesday night!

As a quick question ... you know that it is possible to set up private passworded mt tournys on pokerstars now at whatever level you like. Would it not be an idea to set up 2 of these rather than fighting into the sng's with others?

I can set them up for you if you like /images/graemlins/smile.gif

UKgazz

Toro
09-03-2004, 07:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hiya Guys,

I have allways wanted to enter the Euro one of these but am out ever Tuesday night!

As a quick question ... you know that it is possible to set up private passworded mt tournys on pokerstars now at whatever level you like. Would it not be an idea to set up 2 of these rather than fighting into the sng's with others?

I can set them up for you if you like /images/graemlins/smile.gif

UKgazz

[/ QUOTE ]

DrPhysic who is away for the next two weeks is the unofficial chairman of the board for these things. I suggest that when he gets back, to PM him with your ideas.

rybones
09-03-2004, 09:43 AM
just wondering if everyone on this list is 2+2? I would love to get to know the names of these people when I play next. Also, I love the idea of a private room as I have tried to get in on Tue and Thur, but my little 56 K modem was so slow I missed it both times. Plus, with a private room, could you make it a three table tourney?

heyrocker
09-03-2004, 09:49 AM
This has been suggested before, and there are two points to be made

1) There is almost never enough 2+2 folk to fill 18 spots, there's always some random people taking the extras (and thank god for it.)
2) A two player private tourney only pays 3 spots instead of 4.

POKER TIP OF THE DAY: Do not get into a huge argument with your girlfriend on irc while you're playing poker against the toughest crowd out there.

ukgazz
09-03-2004, 10:01 AM
The private tournys are mt ones and are not limited to any player numbers.. they will run with however many people are in there at the time. Perhaps all the people are not 2+2ers is as the previous poster says some people are too slow at getting in! At least the multis can be set up well in advance to allow anybody that wants to join to join!

Yes as they are mt tournys the payouts are as the ps standards.
1 - 27 players = 3
26 - 45 players = 5

They could allways be run as well as your standard 2 man tables /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Phill S
09-03-2004, 10:15 AM
hmm. not quite sit and goes, but neither are the scheduled games anyway.

a regular, private, tourney for 2+2ers would be a good idea. my only gripe is i havent been able to make one yet for one reason or another (its definately on my to do list).

in a slightly related note, what do people think of setting up a heads up tourney between a load of us, much like the euro-US tourney of a couple weeks back.

Phill

ThaSaltCracka
09-03-2004, 01:46 PM
dang man, that was my first 2+2 SnG in a long time. I had forgotten just how hard they are. You a-holes are too agressive /images/graemlins/grin.gif, but 11th isn't that bad. I need to practice /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

PrayingMantis
09-03-2004, 02:01 PM
Just wanted to congratulate the famous Nazi SS Obergruppenfuehrer (General) Joseph "Sepp" Deitrich, for taking the 10th place, and also for being a 2+2 member.

Nice to see that you're participating in the Atlantic NA SNG, after executing so many American prisoners of war during WW2.

How's your old friend, Adolf, doing, BTW? Is he also into SNGs?

Toro
09-03-2004, 02:47 PM
Just had to point out that 2 of the top 3 finishers in the early game are both from the Poker capital of the World, Worcester, Massachusetts. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ThaSaltCracka
09-03-2004, 04:50 PM
????

ThaSaltCracka
09-03-2004, 04:51 PM
collusion!!!!

PrayingMantis
09-03-2004, 05:32 PM
Hey Cracka,

To reply your "????":

I've looked through the Atlantic SNG's result, and to my surprise noticed that at the 10th place, there is someone who calls himself "SeppDeitrich", and who is apparently a 2+2 member (I've made a search. he is).

Sepp Dietrich (Joseph "Sepp" Dietrich), was a high-ranked Nazi SS officer. He was known as one of Adolf Hitler's closest generals, and was found guilty of complicity in massacre of U.S. prisoners of war.

Just wanted to point out the meaning of the name this scumbag chose to use, here and on Stars.

Toro
09-03-2004, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
collusion!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Right after Wormtowne got knocked out, the non 2+2er accused us of this!!

ukgazz
09-03-2004, 08:18 PM
Ok short notice but private game set up for 1300 ET sunday Details in another thread....

$10 bounty on my head /images/graemlins/wink.gif

SeppDeitrich
09-05-2004, 10:52 PM
Yes it is nice being in north america. The populace here is much more tolerant of my past than my countrymen back in Germany.

As for your question, sorry, but Adolf quit the game years ago. He unfortunately shot himself in the head after catching a bad beat in a big cash game against a Russian friend of his. But surely you've already heard this unfortunate news.

PrayingMantis
09-06-2004, 07:26 AM
You're a sad POS. And you've even misspelled your "own" name. It's Dietrich, not Deitrich, you idiot. How typical of a person who chooses to use a Nazi war criminal's name as his handle on a public forum. Pathetic.

Boaz,
Israel

mackthefork
09-06-2004, 08:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're a sad POS. And you've even misspelled your "own" name. It's Dietrich, not Deitrich, you idiot. How typical of a person who chooses to use a Nazi war criminal's name as his handle on a public forum. Pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

You okay there man? I agree that his taste is poor, but does his choice of ID mean he is a nazi or even a nazi sympathiser? Don't you think that the wider issue should be that these events just 60 years past have been swept away from public view, and the lessons we should all have learned from them have been forgotten. This to me is much sadder, the majority don't even recognise the name (how sad is that), why can't we all just get along?

Best Regards and Good Wishes

Mark (United Kingdom)

PrayingMantis
09-06-2004, 08:54 AM
Hey Mark,

Yes, I'm perfectly okay, but I just can't agree with most of what you say.

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that his taste is poor

[/ QUOTE ]

His choice of ID is MUCH MUCH beyond poor taste. It's sad for me that you don't see why.

[ QUOTE ]
but does his choice of ID mean he is a nazi or even a nazi sympathiser?

[/ QUOTE ]

So what does it mean, exactly? Assume someone chooses as a handle, a name of a person who murdered someone else's beloved ones. How would you see it? As "poor taste"?

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you think that the wider issue should be that these events just 60 years past have been swept away from public view, and the lessons we should all have learned from them have been forgotten.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why it's a "wider issue", but I generally agree. However, I wouldn't expect people to remember every Nazi SS general's name, and I think this is part of the reason this scumbag chose this particular not-very-famous name.

[ QUOTE ]
why can't we all just get along?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are certain people, you simply DON'T WANT and will NEVER WANT to "get along" with. Period. A guy who chooses a Nazi criminal's name as his handle here (and misspells it /images/graemlins/grin.gif) is one of them.

Best Regards,

Boaz

mackthefork
09-06-2004, 09:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
His choice of ID is MUCH MUCH beyond poor taste. It's sad for me that you don't see why.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do see, I apologise, I tend to understate things as a matter of course, I see from your replys that we have a similar viewpoint on this matter, Nazis are just about the only minority I have no tolerance for.

Best Regards Mack

PrayingMantis
09-06-2004, 09:17 AM
There was really no need to apologize. Actually, I appriciate the fact that you even think and care about these matters. This is a great thing by itself, and it's generally very rare among most people.