PDA

View Full Version : AA up for review

SpiderMnkE
09-02-2004, 08:40 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG ($66.50)
<font color="C00000">Hero ($65.05)</font>
CO ($40.75)
Button ($43)
<font color="C00000">SB ($105.95)</font>
BB ($38.30)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, CO calls $4, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $4, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>,5,50,

Flop: ($14.50) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets $5</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, CO folds, SB calls $10.

Turn: ($44.50) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets $25</font>, SB calls $25.

River: ($94.50) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets $25</font>, Hero calls $20.55 (All-In).

Final Pot: $140.05
<font color="green">Main Pot: $135.60, between Hero and SB.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: $4.45, returned to SB.</font>

SB is very loose and had been pushing his stack a lot with who knows what.

phixxx
09-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Kind of seems like he had a weak king or was slowplaying a set. Did he end up having a hand like K rag?

Also, I doubt he'd try and push you all in on a bluff when you already have more than half of your stack in the pot; regardless of how crazy he is. I'd put him on either a straight or trips, neither of which you beat.

SpiderMnkE
09-02-2004, 09:01 PM
Did I bet too much/too little on the turn.

Should I check the turn?

Do I have to call the river because the pot is monsterous?

Wayfare
09-02-2004, 09:04 PM
I would either push the turn or check it. Betting it doesn't help much.

SpiderMnkE
09-02-2004, 09:19 PM
Since I did neither... do I call this river?

Wayfare
09-02-2004, 09:19 PM
Since you are 5-1, yeah call it.

SpiderMnkE
09-02-2004, 09:37 PM
yeah... after I played the hand I felt like I should have pushed the turn.

Then I had to call the river so all the math people out there wouldn't go crazy.. hahaha

myself included. You know, increase my variance so that I make an extra dollar over the long run in this situation the one time my hand holds up!!

fimbulwinter
09-02-2004, 09:50 PM
ugh. i really hate being up front with AA.
here's how i'd play it:

Preflop:
i'd either bump that to 10-12 total (that's 10-12x BB, right?) or limp and pray for a raise so i can push. 6 handed, unless the table is super wild, is not the place for limp/push. i'd really only attempt that at a loose,aggro 10 handed table. bump it hard enough so that you can push on a non-threatening flop. remember that AA is a great hand, but early position defeats most of its value. unlike limit, AA is hugely dependant on position.

Flop:
I'd raise to at least 25 here, and pray to get called by AK, KQ, Axs.

Turn:
given what you've done till now, i'd look for a cheap showdown. you're still probably ahead. if you'd followed my line, i'd push a non spade, non king turn.

River:
you gotta call and pray its a busted flush draw, that's about it. it's 5:1.

remember overall that you are DYING to be all-in early with AA. raise in such a manner that the pot will permit this without the dreaded "only get called by better hands" situation that comes from massive pot overbets.

good hands by the way, spider, they all seem to represent common, difficult stumbling points for NL players. This hand illustrates a major misunderstanding with AA. you want action on your aces, but you want one or two callers, both out of position, and a very big pot preflop. you dont want people in there taking cheap shots at breaking you.

fim

Daann
09-03-2004, 05:49 AM
You played it fine. I don't like a push on the turn, you want those weak Ks and the other [censored] to call you.

SpiderMnkE
09-03-2004, 08:24 AM
I do think that I should be making pot sized raises on the flop here. I find myself not raising enough very often in this spot.

My opponent had KJ.

The card that came was terrible, and I think I should have pushed the turn to charge any draws the maximum. I would really have like the pot as it was on the turn.

knucklehead
09-03-2004, 09:20 AM
Personally, I love playing suited connectors! I drool when I see a flop like that! In my regular weekly game, my friends don't like seeing a flop like that if I'm still in the hand. There are so many ways for him to play this, especially with the bigger stack. I've had people push on me after the flop, in this situation. If my out count is good, I'M CALLING! Then you flip your cards over and people see you have nothing and you called? THEN YOU CATCH THAT MIRACLE CARD!

Do this once or twice, then in this hand you've posted, when the Q hits on the turn, he can push!? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Because I like to play these hands this way, I fear others playing this way also and I slow play my aces until I think people are on a weak draw!?

[ QUOTE ]
SB is very loose and had been pushing his stack a lot with who knows what.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or he's getting good cards and playing aggressively!?

So when this hand you posted comes around, his confidence is up, so he's willing to play!

Was he on a RUSH?

Wayfare
09-03-2004, 09:26 AM
The above post better be a joke, because

OH MY G0D IF HE WAS ON A RUSH YOU BETTER JUST FOLD YOUR ACES PR3FLOP LOLZ!@ /images/graemlins/smile.gif ^^

knucklehead
09-03-2004, 10:09 AM
Fimbulwinter wrote

[ QUOTE ]
ugh. i really hate being up front with AA.
here's how i'd play it:

Preflop:
i'd either bump that to 10-12 total (that's 10-12x BB, right?) or limp and pray for a raise so i can push. 6 handed, unless the table is super wild, is not the place for limp/push. i'd really only attempt that at a loose,aggro 10 handed table. bump it hard enough so that you can push on a non-threatening flop. remember that AA is a great hand, but early position defeats most of its value. unlike limit, AA is hugely dependant on position.

Flop:
I'd raise to at least 25 here, and pray to get called by AK, KQ, Axs.

[/ QUOTE ]

He said NON-THREATENING FLOP

Oh yea, I better add, I've only been playing for about six weeks, so my reasoning and level of experience are against me... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

THE KNUCKLEHEAD