PDA

View Full Version : my last hand of legends of poker

sketchy1
09-02-2004, 08:18 PM
First off, if you want my full trip report go to http://www.recpoker.com/article.php?gID=1&ID=493082 and read it there. It has all of my experiences abbreviated (I started to write up all the days I was there and realized quickly how boring it was for the reader, and figured most just wanted a tourney report).

So I was down to about $7,000 or so in chips when this came up. Table lineup as follows (a few seats have been refilled by others but I can't remember who all that was, but 8 of the original 10 of us were still there):

Seat 1 - Antonio Esfandiari
Seat 2 - Older gentlemen who was rather passive-tight. He did raise when he had the goods. (i believe he was gone by now after aces back to back cracked)
Seat 3 - First occupied by a large man who I had no read on due to his lack (i think he was gone too)
of showing down much of anything and then being busted later
Seat 4 - Younger guy who was rather passive but smart. Slightly tight, but
it was early too.
Seat 5 - me
Seat 6 - Larger guy in his 30's or 40's who was pretty aggressive and not
affraid to mix it up.
Seat 7 - John D'Agostino
Seat 8 - Tom Lee
Seat 9 - MId-40's tightwad but rather creative player
Seat 10 - Amir Vahedi

So, being my first WPT, this was a terrible table. Anyway, UTG I get jacks. it's 75-150 and I want to get my money in when i have a hand so i make it 600 to go. a smaller raise MIGHT have enticed amir or antonio to just come over the top but i wanted to be aggressive right now and get money in the pot.

antonio is the only caller in LP. flop is K83. antonio has been so aggressive lately and i think he gives me a bit of respect here for having a hand, so i know if he does hit this flop good, he will let me know so i bet 1200. he takes a look at my chips and then thinks, and calls.

turn is a 4 putting 2 hearts on the board now. i am putting antonio on something like second pair or a weird ass draw, since he's been playing strange all day. one example of that... dags raised preflop and antonio called out of position. flop is K99 and dags bets, antonio calls. turn 7, check check and they check the blank on the river. antonio shows 107c for 2 pair...

so anyway, i bet 1200 again, wanting to get more information. i still have him on a draw... and his 2000 reraise makes me think he's got A8 of hearts. that was the exact hand i put him on. i think two pairs/set on flop he would raise with and make me commit then and there. so, i don't take too long, after a bit of thinking and push them in. i am 100% confident that he has no king, and i am right, but instead... he has 34c.

so, do you think, given the fact that i was stuck at this table for the next day and a half, it was right to gamble this early with a fairly short stack? i was right, antonio had no king... and my analysis of the hand was right, i was just unlucky he decided to gamble with 3rd pair here.

i'll take any criticism i can get. once again, don't say don't move in with jacks bla bla bla with a king on the flop. maybe good advice, but i am a good enough player that i can tell in that spot antonio had some weird draw, and i don't think given 10 hours of focus i would have ever put him on 34.