PDA

View Full Version : How good are Axs and Kxs?

Mammux
09-02-2004, 07:56 PM
In what positions and with what bidding should I call with hands like A6s, K8s?

-Magnus

Wayfare
09-02-2004, 08:17 PM
Good question. I assume you are talking about PP$25/$50 games with normal starting stacks. In this case Kxs is only good from the SB/BB, and Axs is either only good from the late positions in a limped pot or in the blinds.

If you play well and can manipulate pots to your liking, or if the table is unusually passive yet still really loose, you can expand the range profitably.

However, hardly anyone pays off nut flushes because its so obvious to everyone because of the board. You either have to bet the flush draw for deception or just some really fishy people who may or may not be drunk / colorblind.

JohnG
09-03-2004, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
However, hardly anyone pays off nut flushes because its so obvious to everyone because of the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless they have a lower flush.

Mackerel
09-03-2004, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
However, hardly anyone pays off nut flushes because its so obvious to everyone because of the board. You either have to bet the flush draw for deception or just some really fishy people who may or may not be drunk / colorblind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see nut flushes paid off all the time by lower flushes, sets, straights, and even TPTK type hands when people just don't believe you. I play fairly aggressive post-flop, so I get a fair amount of action on these kind of flops sometimes. In a very passive game, I'll play Axs in any position for a limp. In an aggressive game, only in late position or the blinds. In between is a judgement call.

Kxs is trash, and I'll usually only complete the SB with it if weak players have already limped in, or it's folded around to me. Just my $0.02, your mileage may vary.