PDA

View Full Version : pocket A's, 3 tens on the flop

dfscott
09-02-2004, 06:08 PM
Wasn't really sure how to play this. I felt aggression was as good a plan as any, but I couldn't shake anyone loose.

SB is rock, UTG+1 is a LAG, no other reads.

Anyone slow down anywhere on this?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (13 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

River: (18.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 22.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 22.50 BB, between MP1, Hero, SB and UTG+1.</font>

Bez
09-02-2004, 06:11 PM
I believe you were correct to bet/raise at every opportunity.

Entity
09-02-2004, 06:11 PM
With a flop like this, you don't want to shake anyone loose. You just flopped what is VERY likely to be the best hand. Even if SB is a rock, he doesn't have a T if he's betting into you constantly and not re-raising to your raises. A T beats you, and so does QQ. Otherwise you're golden. Either way, they'd let you know on the turn, and they didn't. If you got beat by an uberpassive ten that didn't realize he had the nuts, thank your lucky stars he didn't raise. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I play this hand 110% the same.

Beautiful hand.

Rob

nolanfan34
09-02-2004, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With a flop like this, you don't want to shake anyone loose. You just flopped what is VERY likely to be the best hand. Even if SB is a rock, he doesn't have a T if he's betting into you constantly and not re-raising to your raises. A T beats you, and so does QQ. Otherwise you're golden. Either way, they'd let you know on the turn, and they didn't. If you got beat by an uberpassive ten that didn't realize he had the nuts, thank your lucky stars he didn't raise. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I play this hand 110% the same.

Beautiful hand.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said. Looks good to me.

DeathDonkey
09-02-2004, 06:15 PM
If SB has a Ten, he is no rock. Otherwise, where do you want anyone to go? They are drawing slim to dead on the flop.

-DeathDonkey

dfscott
09-02-2004, 10:09 PM
With all those callers, I was going nuts trying to figure out what hands they could possibly be on that made them want to continue. I couldn't put everyone (and me) on pocket pairs, could I? AT loomed, and of course QQ when the river came down. I've seen so many people let me bet their quads that it really worried me.

Anyway, I couldn't possibly have chosen better hands for my opponents to have if I had picked them out myself:

UTG+1 had KK
MP1 had A8
SB had JJ

MHIG /images/graemlins/cool.gif

If you're only going to have one decent hand all night, this is the one to have!