PDA

View Full Version : Why are the smart states for Kerry?

David Steele
09-02-2004, 05:48 PM
California, New York, Mass etc are very lopsided towards
Kerry while the stupid states e.g Alabama, Texas ( except Austin) Utah etc are for Bush.

The whole election could come down to a fairly
stupid state like florida.

I don't mean to insult individuals, these states are only statistically stupid, even Utah has that guy that won a million on Jeapardy, and Montana has Ray Zee.

D.

M2d
09-02-2004, 05:53 PM
Hawaii produced me (smart), but let me move to California (stupid). they're very pro dem.

David Steele
09-02-2004, 05:57 PM
Some of the smart states get that way by people moving
from the stupid states but I would classify Hawaii as
relatively smart in a party-school kind of way.

D.

cjromero
09-02-2004, 06:07 PM
How are California and New York smart states? One has elected two actors for governor, and the other a woman whose only qualification for office was that she tried to push through the most ill conceived health care plan in American history in her role as first lady.

M2d
09-02-2004, 06:11 PM
Hawaii's had a huge brain drain problem in the past decade or so. the political arena is stagnant, and the economy has all of its eggs in a single basket (tourism) that is likely peaked out due to limited resources (land space). I would classify Hawaii as a stupid state, on the whole.

David Steele
09-02-2004, 06:34 PM
I see you are from the stupid part, Houston of a very stupid state. I think you are trying to slight Hillary but somehow you don't even know what position she was elected to ( its Senator not Gov ). Maybe someone from CA or even Washington state can have a coffee with you and explain it.

D.

Homer
09-02-2004, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I see you are from the stupid part, Houston of a very stupid state. I think you are trying to slight Hillary but somehow you don't even know what position she was elected to ( its Senator not Gov ). Maybe someone from CA or even Washington state can have a coffee with you and explain it.

D.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are aware that cprhou comes across as much more intelligent than you, right?

jcx
09-02-2004, 07:07 PM
I guess its the stupid Californians who realize they are outsmarted at home that are overrunning the the rest of the west like locusts. Perhaps only stupid New Yorkers are the ones flooding into FL. Or maybe they just don't want to live in an over taxed, over regulated enivironment anymore. No, you're right. They're stupid.

MMMMMM
09-02-2004, 07:26 PM
Why are the "smart" states the most screwed up economically (have the worst state budget deficits, highest taxes, etc.)? California, New York, etc...

ThaSaltCracka
09-02-2004, 07:27 PM
I am from Washington, one of the "smart" states, and we are so smart up here, that we don't underestimate people because they have funny accents, or dress funny, or bang their cousins /images/graemlins/grin.gif.
Seriously though, Dave, this is a pretty dumb thread.

Senor Choppy
09-02-2004, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How are California and New York smart states? One has elected two actors for governor, and the other a woman whose only qualification for office was that she tried to push through the most ill conceived health care plan in American history in her role as first lady.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about that they're smart in the sense that they're less stupid on average than other Americans.

And there's no telling what kind of unqualified weirdos states like Alabama would vote for if any celebrities actually felt like becoming the governor of such a dreadful place.

Zeno
09-02-2004, 07:38 PM
In keeping with my demented theme (thank you Andy) the entire state of Massachusetts should be firebombed. The positive effects far outweigh any negative factors.

In addition, we would not have to listen to any more whining from Red Sox Fans.

I had to sneak in some baseball into this Oh so silly political thread.

-Zeno

cjromero
09-02-2004, 08:06 PM
I never said Clinton was elected governor of NY. Only that New Yorkers, in their ultimate wisdom, chose to make her an elected official.

And she doesn't need me to slight her. She has done enough on her own to earn her standing as a politician with one of the highest "unfavorable" ratings in recent times.

I certainly appreciate the unwarranted personal attack, and I stand in awe at its level of sophistication. It's right up there with calling someone "gay" or "retarded." Well done, Steele.

As someone with degrees in Political Science and History, I am happy to debate current events issues with you at any time.

nolanfan34
09-02-2004, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why are the "smart" states the most screwed up economically (have the worst state budget deficits, highest taxes, etc.)? California, New York, etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes Washington unique. We balanced our budget without raising taxes, and since Kerry will take this state, we therefore are "smart" according to the original poster.

Plus, Ed Miller lived and worked here for a while, making us extra smart.

Myles Zorro
09-03-2004, 01:51 PM
It seems that the religious right in Utah,Texas and Florida have been enforcing their dogmatic views on the rest of the emerican electorate for some time now. Their idea of evolutions is going from single burger at Macdonalds to a triple burger.Several times I had heard the fanatics refer to God is on there side, what morons. At least if you have the common sensiblity if you believe in a creater that he or she is on everyone side. As John Kerry put it " we are on Gods side"
The religous right has been ignoring science and preaching crap in school such as the creationist theory as science. It is not science but theology theory but the Bush Lovers continue to add to the dumbing down of society.For example even Reagan son realizes that Stem Cell research is tantamount to helping millions of people that suffer from disease ie Parkinsons,diabetes etc but the religous right inbred hillbillies cant comprehend. Yes the best scientific research is done in California while billybob is still doing his cousin in Texas. It would be a sad day if Jethro Hillbilly BUSH get in again.