PDA

View Full Version : Routine?

Entity
09-02-2004, 05:43 PM
Something felt odd about this whole hand, not sure if it was the multitabling or what. Standard? I cold-called AJs here -- just for the record, I only do that when my opponents are monkeys. These guys definitely are. Should I 3-bet instead?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, Hero calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (12.20 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 16.20 BB

nolanfan34
09-02-2004, 05:50 PM
Is this a 6-max table or just a shorthanded full table? Either way, I'm probably 3-betting against monkeys.

The hand felt weird because you forgot to raise the turn. If you get 3-bet you can call and see what the river brings, and check/call if you don't hit the flush.

Entity
09-02-2004, 05:57 PM
It was temporarily shorthanded, but wasn't a 6-max table. I should have raised the turn. Something slowed me down -- probably the stop &amp; go. I still have a hard time raising players who do that.

Rob

nolanfan34
09-02-2004, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was temporarily shorthanded, but wasn't a 6-max table. I should have raised the turn. Something slowed me down -- probably the stop &amp; go. I still have a hard time raising players who do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya. I've just seen enough times that people do that with their QJ just for the heck of it, that I will usually throw in another raise, and back off if I get 3-bet.

Remember too that if they're simply a loose any ace player, they may have been just taking a shot at the flop, and now have "made" their hand on the turn. This is much less true at higher levels, but against monkey, well, they'll do anything! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DeathDonkey
09-02-2004, 06:18 PM
If he is a monkey that is more reason to 3 bet and isolate preflop. Raise the turn, your probably ahead and have like a ton of outs if not. If he stop n go's again, raise the river too. He has a worse Ace.

-DeathDonkey