PDA

View Full Version : AQo - one more if you don't mind

Wyers
09-02-2004, 05:40 PM
Felt out of control playing this hand. Hindsight being 20/20, MP2 is very tight aggressive - should have had more respect for his PF raise....

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (13.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB

dfscott
09-02-2004, 05:58 PM
If I knew the raiser was tight, I'd probably fold this pre-flop from the button. It's too easy that you're dominated by AA, AK, or QQ, or are already behind KK, JJ, TT. You're only a favorite against AJ, AT, KQ. Since you're in the BB, you're only paying 1SB, so it might be worth calling, but it's close.

The flop is definitely a good one for you, but you need to protect your hand. I'd go for the check/raise here to force the field to call two cold. If you're 3-bet, I call it down. If he just calls, I'd consider leading the turn, but quickly back off if raised.