PDA

View Full Version : 2 Pair - Q10s on the button. Poorly played?

Wyers
09-02-2004, 05:02 PM
I know I should have raised PF but I've been timid since joining Party (from Poker Room). The looseness of the games threw me off and cost me a little cash - think I'm easing in now but it was a FUGLY adjustment (not that I was brilliant pre-Party but I was managing to keep ahead of the game /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Comments?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Wyers is Button with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Wyers calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Wyers 3-bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Guessing there is an OESD out there... no one raised PF so I've ruled out AK AQ KQ /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Turn: (6.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Wyers bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO calls, Wyers calls.

Hmmmm... that raise can't be good - should I bail right here anticipating the straight. Haven't been at the table long but BB strikes me as a fairly controlled player.

River: (12.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO folds, Wyers calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB

dfscott
09-02-2004, 05:13 PM
I think calling pre-flop here is fine. On the button, you're not eliminating anyone by raising (it plays well multi-way anyway), and I don't think QTs is great enough that not raising for value pre-flop is a sin (the way it is with AK).

Flop is good -- no way do you bail on the turn. You're getting 10:1 on your call you may not even be behind. Even if you are, you're 11:1 to fill-up, which you should be able to make up on the river.

Even though you missed the river, CO folding makes your river call-down that much easier.