PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong to be angry when your country is attacked?

GWB
09-02-2004, 04:16 PM
Apparently so, according to the liberal media, who are demonizing Zell Miller for pointing out that it is OK to be angry at the politicians who are not taking such attacks on our country seriously.

whiskeytown
09-02-2004, 04:21 PM
no...it's just wrong to start a war against a country who didn't attack you cause you want cheap oil profits for your cronies....

murderer.

RB

andyfox
09-02-2004, 04:41 PM
Which politicians are not taking "such attacks" on our country seriously?

Which liberal media outlets are demonizing Mr. Miller?

MaxPower
09-02-2004, 05:06 PM
Agreed. I am angry at the Democrats for not taking seriously all the times that Iraq attacked us.

Duke
09-02-2004, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ed Miller is a witch. Let's see if he floats.

~D

Stu Pidasso
09-02-2004, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no...it's just wrong to start a war against a country who didn't attack you cause you want cheap oil profits for your cronies....

murderer.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

You are incorrect Whisky, Saddam started a hot war by invading Kuwait. The ending of hostilities was contingent on Saddam living up to his agreements. He did not live up to them, hence a hostilities continued under a quasi war throughout the 90's and into the next century. GWB attempted to end a war that had raged for over a decade. You could argue that GWB escalated the war to pad the pockets of his cronies, but you are certainly 100% wrong to say he started this war.

Stu

Rooster71
09-02-2004, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Which politicians are not taking "such attacks" on our country seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]
Andy, I doubt you will get an answer to your question. The original post was just empty rhetoric, the type you might hear on a conservative talk radio show.

tanda
09-02-2004, 10:33 PM
For one, Al Hunt.

It only took one day for Al to demonize Zell with references to his association with Lester Maddox.

Funny, Al never discussed this angle when Zell was in the Democrotic fold.

Did he mention it after Zell's 1992 keynote address? Why now? What could the explanation be? Please tell me?

andyfox
09-03-2004, 01:35 PM
Al Hunt is a commentator, no? By the "liberal media" I
assumed poster was referreing to the mainstream media (NY Times, Washington Post, CNN, etc.). I note that the president himself tossed in a barb at the NY Times last night.

David Gergen also "demonized" Zell, but, again, he's not part of the "liberal media."

stripsqueez
09-03-2004, 02:17 PM
your a joke george

when a heap of your guys get killed by terrorists you definately take it seriously - getting angry is however a bad plan - usually acting out of anger means you lose perspective and thereby justify doing a lot of ill considered stupid things

sad that peddling the angry line is so popular

stripsqueez - chickenhawk