PDA

View Full Version : Online Crying Toddlers

Cleric
09-02-2004, 04:15 PM
awww man, my AA got busted cause I raised only a little preflop and he flopped a miracle, whaaaa <tears>

Poker is a game of whits, skill, luck, and heartbreak, im sick of people crying and on the most part, BERATING players... Please stop this non-sense, it's ruining the fun of the game. Having a table full of ppl that hate you isn't fun...

-TABLECLOWN

Lori
09-02-2004, 04:16 PM
Having a table full of ppl that hate you isn't fun...

So why are you trying for a forum full?

Lori

scotnt73
09-02-2004, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

lol. seriously you know there is a mute button right? i havent played with chat enabled in for-ev-er. who do i want to chat with online? hell i even have the chairs empty to keep from getting mad at the avitars /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

thomastem
09-02-2004, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lol. seriously you know there is a mute button right? i havent played with chat enabled in for-ev-er. who do i want to chat with online? hell i even have the chairs empty to keep from getting mad at the avitars /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That quote makes it sound like Lori said the whole thing, you don't want her to drop the hammer on ya trust me.

Lori you playing in the Stars SNGs tonight?

MicroBob
09-02-2004, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Poker is a game of whits

[/ QUOTE ]

whit, n.
The least bit; an iota: doesn't give a whit what was said; not a whit afraid.

whit

\Whit\, n. [OE. wight, wiht, AS. wiht a creature, a thing. See Wight, and cf. Aught, Naught.] The smallest part or particle imaginable; a bit; a jot; an iota; -- generally used in an adverbial phrase in a negative sentence. ``Samuel told him every whit.'' --1 Sam. iii. 18. ``Every whit as great.'' --South.

thomastem
09-02-2004, 04:51 PM
He meant the cornmeal Cream of Whit.

Thythe
09-02-2004, 04:55 PM
maybe you should stop crying then...

"
TABLECLOWN: Yes
TABLECLOWN: You are retarded
TABLECLOWN: im going to bust you
"

MicroBob
09-02-2004, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Poker is a game of whits

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
whit
; a jot;

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker is a game of jots???

Wahoo91
09-02-2004, 06:51 PM
TABLECLOWN: Yes
TABLECLOWN: You are retarded
TABLECLOWN: im going to bust you

Is that a real quote from him?

Thythe
09-02-2004, 07:02 PM
Yep, look at the topic "I love when people lie about their cards" and you will see it.

Cleric
09-13-2004, 05:32 PM
saying thhat isnt a cry... hhow is that me whining ? hmm Thats me taunting him and saying im going to take his stack...

Stefan Prodan
09-14-2004, 11:09 AM
Oh, I get it. You're an idiot.

westmt01
09-14-2004, 11:13 AM
Oh yeah, that's much different. Taunting makes for a much more enjoyable atmosphere at a table than whining, and nobody EVER hates taunters.

Just asking - when you go fishing, do you throw a bowling ball into the water first to make sure the fish know you're there?

Thythe
09-14-2004, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, that's much different. Taunting makes for a much more enjoyable atmosphere at a table than whining, and nobody EVER hates taunters.

Just asking - when you go fishing, do you throw a bowling ball into the water first to make sure the fish know you're there?

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly...i'm sure people who are taunting at the table are a lot more fun than those who are whining...um, no.

Hiding
09-14-2004, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
. Having a table full of ppl that hate you isn't fun...

[/ QUOTE ]

Then don't taunt them. Seems pretty straight forward to me

jagoff
09-14-2004, 11:48 AM
I have developed a penchant for goading people! I don't know where it came from but I did get one guy to tilt last night on Empire and lose his entire session stack (+-$75) in about 1/2 hour. It was fun watching him call bottom pair all the way to the river every time!

Stefan Prodan
09-14-2004, 03:02 PM
If I see someone trying to taunt a bad player or whatever, I will usually compliment the bad player when they draw out and say things that make no sense to get the "good" player pissed off, such as "Well, his 28o was good there, why shouldn't be play it? He sure did kick your ass."

This has the double effect of both keeping the bad player happy and playing and getting the "good" player to start gunning for me and throw chips my way.

Kinda evil, I know. I don't do it too much.

Phill S
09-14-2004, 03:17 PM
telling him his play was gutsy, hes the guy with the cajones and so on works to the same effect.

if the other guy is as good as he thinks he'll realise what you mean.

Phill

Stefan Prodan
09-14-2004, 03:33 PM
Most times they're not really good players, they're just the college kids who read a book one time and think they're awesome and can smack talk everyone. Those are the ones you can really easily excite.

Slacker13
09-14-2004, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
when you go fishing, do you throw a bowling ball into the water first to make sure the fish know you're there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I love that. That's pretty funny. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jagoff
09-14-2004, 03:47 PM
The taunt is as good as a well placed bet at the right table. It also builds up my power so I can unleash my finishing move!

pokerdoker
09-14-2004, 03:50 PM
Having been both the "college kid"(when online poker first started) and the "one who realizes whats going on" I love it when people are mad at me. In fact, when I sit down, I try to pick up a garbage hand and show the world. It gets the imbeciles hissin & tiltin and makes everyone else think Im a loosey goosey and call my bigguns. It's great.

edge
09-14-2004, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I see someone trying to taunt a bad player or whatever, I will usually compliment the bad player when they draw out and say things that make no sense to get the "good" player pissed off, such as "Well, his 28o was good there, why shouldn't be play it? He sure did kick your ass."

This has the double effect of both keeping the bad player happy and playing and getting the "good" player to start gunning for me and throw chips my way.

Kinda evil, I know. I don't do it too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually do this. I find it quite funny most of the time.