PDA

View Full Version : Overaggressive or is this OK?

tripdad
09-02-2004, 03:24 PM
Party $5/10 SH. 4-handed.

Button in this hand is pretty loose (43% VPIP) and a bit aggressive, though he's no maniac (PFR 13.78%). SB is very loose (59%VPIP) and a bit more aggressive than Button (PFR 14.67%).

I am in BB w/ K /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG folds, Button raises, SB calls, I 3-bet, Button caps (oops!), SB calls as do I.
now i know Button has a hand, though it isn't necessarily QQ, KK, or AA. he probably has me whipped now, though. i put SB on a small to middle PP.

Flop(6BB): 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, I bet, Button raises, SB folds, I 3-bet, Button calls.

OK, so now that he didn't cap, i feel i have most likely the best hand. should I?

Turn(9BB): K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, Button raises, I 3-bet, Button caps, I call.

anybody not 3-bet?

River(17BB): 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, Button raises, I 3-bet, Button calls.

Final Pot: 23BB less $2.00 rake.

sethypooh21
09-02-2004, 03:28 PM
Cap the turn. River plays itself.

Zele
09-02-2004, 03:29 PM
I'd play it the same way you did.

MrX
09-02-2004, 03:48 PM
fine

MisterKing
09-02-2004, 03:56 PM
I'm not wild about your 3-bet on the flop, since he's about as likely to have AA, AK, or KK as he is QQ, JJ, AQs, KQ/KQs, TT (is he capping any other hands PF? TT is a bit of a reach, as is KQo... so really 3 hands he's ahead with, 3 where he's behind, and one where he's chopping).

Certainly betting out on the flop is a solid play, however, since you get some info on where you stand by button's reaction.

On the turn, its time to make a final decision: does he have AK or not? Any other hand that he's capping PF is now behind you, so if you rule AK out, its time to ram & jam. All things considered, I like your play here.

River: straightforward. He doesn't have 66.

tripdad
09-02-2004, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i would have if it was my turn. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

cheers!

sethypooh21
09-02-2004, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i would have if it was my turn. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

And I've scored so well on reading comprehension tests...

Seriously though, if he has AK or 88 (or even 66, but that's just crazy talk) on this turn, more power to him.

tripdad
09-02-2004, 04:19 PM
if he caps the flop after my 3-bet, i can safely fold the turn unimproved. that is why i think 3-betting here is important.

cheers!

Grisgra
09-02-2004, 04:27 PM
Given the size of the pot I'd have a tough time folding the turn if he capped the flop. Not saying it's not the right move, though. But I also don't think that not capping the flop showed weakness on his part -- he could have simply been hoping that it'd get you to put more money in on the turn.

I don't 3-bet the turn. What do you think he's raising you with here, QQ? AA? KJ? The man capped preflop for god's sake. Call me a weenie, but I put the brakes on and call it down.

Obviously, river plays itself.

fsuplayer
09-02-2004, 04:35 PM
if he caps the flop after my 3-bet, i can safely fold the turn unimproved

Really? So he couldnt have A10, AJ or AQ of diamonds?

Even if he has AA you have five outs twice plus a BD flush draw. I would hate folding the turn in this size pot.

fsuplayer

tripdad
09-02-2004, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if he caps the flop after my 3-bet, i can safely fold the turn unimproved

Really? So he couldnt have A10, AJ or AQ of diamonds?

Even if he has AA you have five outs twice plus a BD flush draw. I would hate folding the turn in this size pot.

fsuplayer

[/ QUOTE ]

if i hadn't improved, i would only have 5 outs once. but you are right...i would be getting 10:1 which would make this an easy call. when i wrote that, for some reason i was thinking the pot was 6BB on the turn. guess i need to read my own post a little better. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

but no. if he caps, i'm surely a good deal behind.

cheers!

tripdad
09-03-2004, 04:39 PM
Villain had AK. the river saved me, but i was still hacked i only netted +$9 from a $200+ pot. he must have put me on quad 6's to not cap the river????

thanks for the replies...glad to know i wasn't too out of line with this one.

cheers!

sam h
09-03-2004, 06:46 PM
Once he caps the turn, what do you put him on that makes you want to give that much action on the river?

tripdad
09-03-2004, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Once he caps the turn, what do you put him on that makes you want to give that much action on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

AK...i just like to bet and raise.

cheers!