PDA

View Full Version : 4 mid to high pair hands...

Garland
09-02-2004, 03:02 PM
Stakes: $3/$6
Players: Somewhat loose. Some are tricky. No particular reads on any players as I have joined recently.

Hand #1

Absolute Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Garland is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Garland raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls,

Flop: (6.33 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Garland bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Garland bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

River: (7.66 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Garland bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Garland ????

Hand #2

Absolute Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Garland is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Garland raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>,

Flop: (7.33 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Garland bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Garland bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Garland ????

Hand #3

Absolute Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Garland is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Garland raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>,

Flop: (9 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Garland bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Garland bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Garland ????

Hand #4

Preflop: Garland is CO with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Garland raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (5.33 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Garland bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.66 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Garland bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (5.66 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Garland ????

All comments appreciated!

Garland

jeffseib
09-02-2004, 04:43 PM
Hand 1:
Looks like BB and Button made their flush. Button J high, BB Q high?
Your chance of winning with a raiser and a re-raiser: nil, save your two BB.

Hand 2:
CO cold-called PF and called on flop, and his raise on the turn when a blank comes, says: SET! Probably has pocket 9s or Ts. You only have two outs to beat his set. Either raise or fold. If you raise and he reraises, fold. This will cost you the same as calling the turn and the river (2 BBs). Of course, he could call your re-raise and bet again on the river, in which case it will cost you an extra bet to call. This is where knowing your opponent is important.

Hand 3:
Looks like Button made his flush. You have four outs (11:1 dog) to make a FH. The pot is laying you 13:1. Your pot equity is a little more than 1BB, and a re-raise might knock out the CO, increasing your chance of winning.

Hand 4:
Reading this hand is impossible. UTG just calls and calls. If he is a loose passive player, he might have a pair of Ts or Js (both of which beat you!). He might also be calling AK to the end, in which case you are beat on the river. Passive players will call on river with those holdings. If he is a tricky player, he might be planning on a check-raise on the river. Here, because the pot is not very big, your hand is mediocre, and you might already be beaten, just call.

I don't know if my analysis of your hands are correct. Please let me know if I am wrong.

Garland
09-03-2004, 05:33 PM
Hand #1.

I folded. BB shows A /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif for the nuts. Button does not show.

Hand #2

I was thinking this person is FOS, but I wanted his bluff money on the river instead of 3-betting and scaring him away. I care very little about a free card, so I called with the intent to call down. He checked behind on the river and I won.

Hand #3

I folded. It gets checked around on the river, and SB shows A /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif for the flush.

Hand #4

I checked behind and UTG shows 88. One of those cases where a value bet probably isn't prudent.

Garland