PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football - who should I start

Mano
09-02-2004, 01:33 PM
Playing in a fantasy football league, and trying to decide who to start. My top two starters are obvious (I have Priest Holmes and Dante Culpepper), but I need to pick two wide recievers, and an additional player who can be either a wide reciever or running back from the following players:

Moe Williams
Chris Chambers
Koren Robinson
Julius Jones
Warrick Dunn
Willis McGahee
Ashley Lelie
Roy Williams

I currently have designated Chambers and Robinson as my WR's and Williams as the RB/WR option. What do you all think?

jwvdcw
09-02-2004, 01:35 PM
I would play the best matchups each week...thats where FF becomes fun. Research the other teams CBs and the rush defense. Look at how the player has done against those teams in the past. Analyze which player is 'hot.' Then make your decision for each week.

wayabvpar
09-02-2004, 01:36 PM
Chambers, Robinson, and Dunn. From what I have heard, Dunn is getting the vast majority of the carries, and TJ Duckett will be an afterthought.Rookies WRS (like Williams) are too hit and miss, especially early in the season. If he puts a few good weeks together, you might think about starting him.

bugstud
09-02-2004, 02:18 PM
You are right so far, wait until MBennett comes back to bench Moe.

hutz
09-02-2004, 03:16 PM
Obviously, you're still a week away from any of this mattering, but Robinson and Chambers are no-brainers. Williams has potential, but make sure he's really the starter. O. Smith might get to play during his appeal of his suspension, which would suck for you if you were to start Williams. I think Dunn is your best choice for the halfback position.

Mano
09-02-2004, 03:47 PM
I currently have designated Chambers and Robinson as my WR's and Williams as the RB/WR option. What do you all think?

Just to clarify, I currently have Moe Williams in the RB/WR slot, not Roy Williams.

Clarkmeister
09-03-2004, 03:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Chambers, Robinson, and Dunn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Michael Davis
09-03-2004, 04:42 AM
If by Williams you mean Moe, than you are correct.

-Michael

hutz
09-03-2004, 01:07 PM
From rotoworld.com (what a great, free site):

Onterrio Smith will play the season opener under appeal of his drug suspension.
The NFL is not expected to make a decision in the case until after week one. Smith started at running back in last night's preseason finale, a sure sign that he'll start over Moe Williams next week. Then he'll likely miss four games.

The Armchair
09-03-2004, 01:43 PM
I don't think it matters, honestly, which of your WRs you start (outside of Williams). Lelie could be good, Chambers could be good, Robinson could be good -- it's a crap shoot. Don't knock yourself out over it. (In fact, package two for a top tier WR.)

I'd consider starting all 3 WR, but it's best to just improve.

RB: If it's a TD heavy league, Williams. If yardage is key, Dunn. If it's a mix, both suck, and look to improve. In any event, dump the guy who is wrong for your league type.