PDA

View Full Version : College Football Picks

tonytrin
09-02-2004, 12:25 PM
I'm all over UVA @ -16 against Temple. Anybody else got one they like?

Prior22
09-02-2004, 02:01 PM
Maryland (-14) over Northern Illinois. This line has moved up to 14.5 or 15 but you may still be able to catch it at 14 depending on the site. Northern's leading running back (Michael Turner) and leading receiver (PJ Fleck) have both graduated. Plus it's a revenge game at home for Maryland.

Vanderbilt (+4) vs South Carolina. This game opened at Vandy +6, luckily I locked in on Monday. I don't like it as much at +4 but it's a home dog getting more than a FG.

New Mexico (+2.5) vs Wash St. FRIDAY GAME. I saw 1 site had New Mexico at +3 today. I may wait and see if it goes to 3.5 and jump on it. WSU has only 6 starters back, only 2 on D, and their QB is young and has never started on the road before. New Mexico has a very good O-line, I think they might even pull out the win at home.

Memphis (+3.5) @ Ole Miss. Lots of guys returning for Memphis.

Alabama (-25.5) vs. Utah State. I hate giving up a ton of points but I like it here.

Now that I have posted these picks in a public forum, it's a guaranteed 0-5 weekend for me. If would have kept my mouth shut I'd probably go 4-1.

Gordon Scott
09-03-2004, 04:41 PM
I like Vandy too. I read somewhere they had like 16 or 18 starters back. Cocks may be up for it though.

I've got mixed feeling on the BAMA number. They should win by 35 if Utah State is as bad as thier ranking. Bama is not deep at all and I think Mike is going to try to play everybody (all the 2 deep and 1/2 the 3 deep) if he gets a solid lead. Question marks all over the place and he needs to test the water.

I wouldn't be surprised if they put up a big number (45) or covered by 14 or less.

Best of Luck