PDA

View Full Version : did i overplay the flop?

Noodles
09-02-2004, 12:13 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Noodles is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Noodles raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Noodles bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Noodles 3-bets</font>, was this 3 bet dodgy?<font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Noodles calls.
What do i do here?could the guy be betting a flush draw,hardly likely!

Turn: (6.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Noodles checks, CO checks.
Huh? now i think yes he must be betting a draw

River: (6.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Noodles bets</font>, CO calls.
The riv bet was right here yes?

Final Pot: 8.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 8.75 BB, between Noodles and CO.</font>

JDErickson
09-02-2004, 01:44 PM
Interesting.

I think I play it the same way. Only question for me is whether to bet out on the turn. Opponent could put you on a steal and be hitting his J hard. No way AJ checks through the turn. He may have a draw but HU capping a FD is iffy. AQ or AK would 3 bet PF I think.

Maybe bet out the turn and cry if you get raised?

slavic
09-02-2004, 01:52 PM
I think you played it fine. The turn would have likely made me upset when it was checked through, but when you play Aces matched with less than stellar kickers the people who cold call your raises often have better kickers. It's tough here because pre-flop a raise is correct, unless you know the next 6 players like to play a ton of hands.

David BB
09-02-2004, 01:54 PM
Since you're already heads-up theres not much point in playing your hand this fast when its unclear if you're ahead or not.

I most cases I think I'd just call his raise on the flop and then bet out on the turn to guard myself against a free card play.

MoDOH
09-02-2004, 01:56 PM
The only hand that CO could have that would at least make some sense is if he held A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifx /images/graemlins/diamond.gif otherwise he played this hand absolutely terrible...
Oh and the river is a clear bet...

Noodles
09-02-2004, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but when you play Aces matched with less than stellar kickers the people who cold call your raises often have better kickers. It's tough here because pre-flop a raise is correct,

[/ QUOTE ]
yea i was kinda fearing AJ or AQ ,but of course also he could have A/&gt;T and testing me,when he capped i tought "o well i suppose i have to go to riv with this"

If the guy had bet the turn i would have to call really wouldnt I?
You have to go to the riv with this when heads up against an unknown don't you?

jeffseib
09-02-2004, 05:01 PM
CO cold-called PF and capped it on the flop. He could be holding JJ, AJo, AQ or AT of diamonds.

He checked the turn when a Kh showed. He might be putting you on AK since you raised PF, and that beats his A pair. Now JJ is not very likely. He might have been worried about a CR.

On the river he called when you bet, meaning that he had some kind of hand. My guess is that he had AQ or AT of diamonds, or if he is a LAP, any old hand with an A or a J.

I think that your hand was good enough to bet and call the cap.

MrHorace
09-02-2004, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's tough here because pre-flop a raise is correct

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm a bit of a novice on this, but much of my reading is that with a flush draw you want more players rather than fewer. With the folding happening preflop, I might have been tempted to simply bet. Of course you had no way of knowing everyone except the CO was going to fold it up, but this might have given you a few more players to make your draw more profitable.
I might also suggest just calling the raise on the flop rather than 3-betting as your hand is open to lots of vulnerabilities.
I definitely like the river bet, and the fact that CO only called means he wasn't trying for a check raise on the turn that failed.

Noodles
09-03-2004, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
definitely like the river bet, and the fact that CO only called means he wasn't trying for a check raise on the turn that failed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes of course he wasnt trying for a CR on the turn,i was 1st to act ,i checked,he then checked thru.
I don;t get what you mean

Noodles
09-03-2004, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the river he called when you bet, meaning that he had some kind of hand. My guess is that he had AQ or AT of diamonds, or if he is a LAP, any old hand with an A or a J

[/ QUOTE ]
What is a LAP?

HoldemJunkie
09-17-2004, 10:38 AM
Loose/Aggressive Player I think....least that's my interpretation, apologies if I am wrong.

x2ski
09-17-2004, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Final Pot: 8.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 8.75 BB, between Noodles and CO.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Noodles &amp; Co. has good food at reasonable prices /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

jmark
09-17-2004, 03:26 PM
I think I play it the same way. If the CO isn't an idiot, after the preflop cap I'm thinking 33, A3, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif x/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and I think checking the turn is the best option. It's too bad your position sucks here.

Good river bet, hopefully he doesn't have A3 and was scared of your AK.