PDA

View Full Version : Can I let this go?

MoreWineII
09-02-2004, 12:03 PM
Live 4/8 kill (8/16).

SB is an older gentleman who is VERY aggressive especially against the younger players (like me) no matter what he's holding.

Hero has A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the button. 3 limpers (not including the kill) to hero, who raises. Both blinds call (?) and so does everyone else.

7 to the flop /images/graemlins/blush.gif of 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (7 BB)

SB bets, BB calls, 1 limpers calls, kill calls, hero raises, yes? Everyone calls.

5 players to the turn - a 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (17 BB) SB bets, BB calls all-in. 1 limper calls, does hero let it go now?

MoreWineII
09-02-2004, 01:51 PM
Yes? No? Maybe? Painfully obvious and not worth a response? Painfully boring and not worth a response?

FWIW, I still believed both my overcard outs were live.

Tyler Durden
09-02-2004, 01:56 PM
I'd play it the same way and fold the turn.

All-In
09-02-2004, 02:32 PM
I call the flop and fold the turn. I don't understand the flop raise here, it doesn't protect your hand and it certainly isn't for value.

Bob T.
09-02-2004, 02:35 PM
does hero let it go now?

No, you probably have between 3 an 6 outs to win, I would call one more time, but I wouldn't get too frisky on the river if you caught an ace.

Bob T.
09-02-2004, 02:38 PM
You are getting 11-1, if all your outs are live, it's easy. If you are down to three outs, you shouldn't call, but with 4, you would. I would guess that you have an average of four outs here, so I would call.

zimmer879
09-02-2004, 02:41 PM
At 20:1, I don't think you can fold, especially with decent outs. In fact I think there's a reasonable chance you still have the best hand. Based on your description, sb could be bluffing, and the others might have draws or overcards.

MoreWineII
09-02-2004, 02:53 PM
Isn't it for value though if my I hit an ace or king on the turn?

It's very possible that a flop raise allows me to check through the turn too.

You have to remember that the blinds called two bets cold, in esssence as it's a kill pot, preflop. I don't think they are holding any deuces. 33 is a possibility, though slim. I'm thinking Ralphie, the SB, is on a flush draw, but might have a middle pair. BB is going all-in so God only knows what he has. The limpers probably have broadway-ish cards or medium pairs, as that was their pattern.

I didn't think any of these guys had a hand that would allow them to bet into me on the turn if I raised the flop - obviously I was wrong. Even if someone did have a monster, I expected they would try and check-raise me on the turn and I was planning on checking it through. Therefore, in my mind, it all added up to discounted turn card for me if an ace or king did not hit.

MAxx
09-02-2004, 03:48 PM
Based on your reads, I call one bet on turn. I think gramps is being stubborn. He probably puts you on a flush draw or something like AK and doesnt want to give you a free card. With those pot odds, I take one more off.

PS. I don't see much reason to raise flop in this situation.

MoreWineII
09-02-2004, 04:07 PM
Two people have said that now. So what would your line be? Call the flop, call the turn?