PDA

View Full Version : How to play against my nemesis?

aitchie2
09-02-2004, 11:57 AM
I play $0.5/1 NL on a site where you often come up against the same, very familiar faces. One guy (loose/agressive but 'good') in particular is always there and I have a very good read on his style yet struggling to find the best way to play him:

- He raises 25% of the time to 4X the BB, /images/graemlins/ooo.gif
- His pre-flop raises don't seem to be blind steals or depend on position. He likes to create a large pot (as he often gets a few callers) and play it from there.
- Is careful not to get carried away with bluffing when the flop doesn't hit him.

The trouble I have playing him is when is that its very difficult to put him on a hand on the flop as he could be raising with anthing from AA to KTo to 67s. So, when he makes a standard bet on the flop of (say) half the pot its difficult to know how to react when I have a draw/middle pair/Top pair poor kicker/nothing etc

I have a few ideas about what I should be doing but would appreciate some help!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

toby
09-02-2004, 01:36 PM
I have a player like this in my regular .25/5 NL home game. I usually try to avoid him but when I have a hand good enough to back with all my chips, I like playing it with a big reraise before the flop, so you sort of take control of the hand.

After the flop, the line you take depends...if he makes loose calls then you need to have the goods to play. If he is capable of folding, you should be betting or raising a lot (if not all-in) with made hands or strong draws.

Hopefully some more experienced/better players than me will have some more insight to this situation.