PDA

View Full Version : Where would you start? Where would you stop?

fyodor
09-02-2004, 10:33 AM
Taking some shots at the 10/20. Won both nights I tried but judging by this hand I may not be ready.

SB was loose. UTG was looser. Everyone else seemed to be ultimate calling stations.

I was pretty happy with the flop but figured a raise would push out no one and I may as well wait till the turn. If no 3rd club I would pop it there.

Well then the turn gives me trips with my King kicker and I decide to let in the overcallers.

With a total blank on the river if the call on the turn made sense then logically I should do the same on the river but I then decide it would be crazy to go through this whole hand without raising. Not only does it predictably knock out the overcallers I get popped back and the UTG folds as well.

Given the final result and looking at it results oriented I should have gone for the overcallers on the river as well. But ignoring the result should I have started raising somewhere? And if popped how far would I go before going back into call down mode?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (24 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (15 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (20 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 27 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Qc 2c (full house, queens full of twos).
Hero shows Qs Ks (three of a kind, queens).
Outcome: SB wins 27 BB. </font>

Zele
09-02-2004, 10:40 AM
With that big pot you should definitely raise the turn. Your hand is not strong enough to play passively.

I would also cap pre-flop.

chio
09-02-2004, 10:45 AM
you missed like 8 billion dollars by not raising the turn against all those callers who will call 2 with any T any J two clubs, any pair, etc

plus SB may 3bet with worse hands, looks like he has AA KK