PDA

View Full Version : The Poker Gods can be such a tease (low content)

Cleveland Guy
09-02-2004, 08:51 AM
This isn't a bad beat post but just my frustration from last night. I couldn't catch any cards near the end, and I think both players made the right move against me.

Playing in a pokerroom $5 +$1 multi - about 360 to enter, top 40 cash.

With about 50 left I take a big hit to my stack, but manage to work my way into the money.

With just over 30 left, I have 5K left, blinds are 500-1000. I'm playing tight, doing enough just to keep afloat. I push all in on my good hands, but haven't gotten a call so I just keep even for a couple orbits.

How the poker Gods Teased me #1
Folded to the SB who has me covered 6 to 1. He pushed in 6K in an obvious steal attempt. I have KJo - and figure it's probably better than his random hand so I call. He turns over J5o. I'm happy as I have him dominated. Flop comes K 10 4 r. Turn is a Q, and I wait for all the chips to be pushed my way as I figure I have doubled up. River is an ...............A and we split the pot. UGH so much for my double up.

How the poker Gods Teased me #2

about 6 hands later am In a MP with 9 at the table (26 left).

I am first to enter with A10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for my last 4,600. One call by late position (who like about everyone else at this point has me covered) - he turns over AQo.
Flop - is QJx 1 diamond. I figure I'm gone, and the turn is a 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif I have life, as a Diamond,K or 8 double me up.

But I get just enough life back in me to see the river is a 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

WHY OH WHY MUST YOU TEASE ME SO????????????????