PDA

View Full Version : Blinds galore

bakku
09-02-2004, 08:28 AM
Party 3/6
4 people have just sat down between the last hand and the beginning of this hand.

UTG, UTG+1, MP1, MP2 all post blinds.

All 4 of them check, CO folds, I'm on the button with A9o, what's my action?

Edit: I'm posting this cuz CDC said he'd probably limp here which really surprised me

Nate tha' Great
09-02-2004, 08:32 AM
Raise, duh.

They won't all fold, but you'd still rather play this hand against fewer opponents rather than more.

Keats13
09-02-2004, 09:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They won't all fold, but you'd still rather play this hand against fewer opponents rather than more.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my experience, the kind of player that posts UTG (or anywhere in EP/EMP, for that matter) is not the kind of player who is going to fold pre-flop for one more SB when they've already got a bet out there. I'd be surprised if you thin this field out at all with a raise. If you are implying that a raise will buy the button and maybe chase the SB, I can agree with that. But I don't think the posters are going anywhere unless the BB 3-bets it, and probably not even then.

That said, I still think it's a raise/fold decision, and one I'd probably make based on my current mood, plus any reads I had on the button and the SB/BB.

ATo/A9s I'm popping every time, but A9o I may just decide to pass here.

Nate tha' Great
09-02-2004, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That said, I still think it's a raise/fold decision, and one I'd probably make based on my current mood, plus any reads I had on the button and the SB/BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling is much better than folding. You can't fold this against four below-average hands and two unknown hands. Not on the Button you can't. It's a call/raise decision.

Keats13
09-02-2004, 04:57 PM
Weird. I could have sworn the post said hero was CO. My bad. On the button I'm less likely to fold, obviously.

Also, I don't know that you can say that all the posters have "below average" hands. Just because they didn't raise doesn't mean they don't have average or slightly better than average hands. I'd just say 6 unknown hands.

I still don't like limping here, but I suspect it matters a lot less now that I already have the button.

EDIT: I know you have to add all the normally mucked hands to the possible poster holdings, but most of what people limp with in EP/EMP are what a solid player would consider "normally mucked" hands anyway.

bakku
09-02-2004, 06:23 PM
I think folding here against 4 people who posted blinds and checked their options is giving up too much. I think the only decision is whether to raise or call.