PDA

View Full Version : how often

norgule
09-02-2004, 03:46 AM
How often does it happen that one player at a table gets
a big pair like QQ or KK, and someone else gets the bigger big pair on the same hand?
What I mean is , if this happens to the same player over 10 times in 500 hands, and 6 times in the last 100, and they are always on the short end of not just the pre flop hand but also the flop , turn and or river, is this something that recurs often , like say every 1000 hands or so?
Also how often does it happen that a person misses their four flush draws on the flop 15 times in a row , hits one then misses 10 times, hits 2 then misses 30 times?
What I'm asking is; is this kind of losing streak normal, does it recur often within say 1000 or 2000 hands?

balkii
09-02-2004, 04:20 AM
is this kind of losing streak normal

Hi. I didnt read most of your post, but the answer is yes.

QuickLearner
09-02-2004, 12:00 PM
If you play in the loosest games you can find (the biggest pots; the most players seeing the flop) you'll see bad luck a lot. Good luck too.

You're recounting a stretch of bad cards (or good cards being bested) that isn't "normal," but what's supposed to be normal? This stuff happens, and I'll bet there is more to the story that you're not remembering. For instance, if you have a smaller pocket pair than someone else in the hand you'll remain behind unless you catch one of your two outs, which will happen once every 11 times. Sometimes you'll both catch a card for the set, too. /images/graemlins/mad.gif You're a big underdog. And, in my experience, non-monster pocket pairs that don't improve don't win many pots, especially big pots. Your opponents are in love with big cards: You have JJ which is the fourth best starting hand out of 169, and your six opponents see a flop like A Q 8. So, you turn to your girlfriend, Polly Purebread and ask, "Am I in trouble?" She answers, "Yes, UnderDog, you are." You can learn to survive here, but I'm not qualified to to teach you.

Going 3 for 55 with flopped flush draws is an amazing run of bad luck. Was each one of those 52 non-flushes a loser or did you win without the flush once in a while? Are you going to stop playing flush draws? If you quit now you might miss the start of your next hot streak!