View Full Version : Weekly Home Tournament

PawketAces
09-02-2004, 02:52 AM
13 players, 2 tables of six + 1 late entry
blinds 1/2, 2/4,3/6,4/8,5/10,7/14,10/20,15/30/,20/40
Prizes 170$/70$/40$ --- Starting chips 100

early game, first table with 6 players
I was in the bb, with the ace of spades and a 6 off suit
the flop was 3 spades. The pot was about 15 at this time, and I called a bet for 10. The turn gave me an open ended straight draw. I was first to act and checked, and the guy who bet on the flop bet 30. I raised him all-in with the open ended straight draw and nut flush draw. He called and had about 3/4 of my chips. The turn made my flush and I won a big pot and knocked him out.

Later on I had big slick on the button and called a raise that was 3 times the BB. On the flop it was all rags and I re-raised the original better and got him to lay down.

Middle game, down to 8 players

Onetime this guy went to raise the blind and tried to min raise it, then wanted to take his raise back. I knew he was really week, and I saw my hand which was pocket 3's, and I re raised him from 6 to 20. He called. I flopped a set, and checked it, and he checked. The turn I checked again and he bet out, I just called the bet. On the river, I got a fullhouse, and I made a bet of 30, and hecalled. Won a nice pot.

I had pocket 10's on the button, and under the gun the pot was raised 2x by the guy who won the tournament last week, john. The same guy who hit his river flush to beat my set and knock me out at 3rd place last week.

I looked at the pocket 10's and thought for a moment and went all in. He thought about it for a while and called, with ace king. My 10's held up and I doubled up off him.

I lost a few chips one hand when I raised the blids with king queen suited, I raised the blind 3x, cause everyone folded to me. The BB had ace 7 suited. The flop gave him a flush draw, and I put him all in to take the pot since he was short stacked. He called and hit his river flush, though he didnt need it with his ace high beating my king high. I hit a river king, but it was a diamond king so it gave him the flush.

later on I had pocket 9's and in late position raised the pot a little more than 3x, enough to put john all in. He called with king queen, and I won with a fullhouse. I flopped a set and filled out on the turn.

Another time late game with about 6 people left, I raised the blind enough to put a short stack in, I had King jack, and he called with queen ten. I knocked him out.

Down to 4 players
I had ace queen and ace king and ace jack a few times and I won nice pots by raising and betting on the flop.

One time I messed up a little bit. It was down to the blinds, and the chip leader went to raise the blind. I looked down at my cards, and I had ace queen, I got over zelous and announced all-in before he announced the amount of his raise. So instead of raising a big amount, he did a min raise, then folded. I wonder if this trick might work with garbage cards?

One time I had king 10 it was down to a battle of the blinds. I raised it from 30 to 90. It was called, the flop came jack 9 6. I was first to act and went all in. The other guy later on told me he had king queen, and he folded. I took a nice pot.

One time this guy raised the blind from 30 to 80, and I went all in on the semi -bluff with ace jack. He folded

It was down to three players and we all had about the same amount of chips 400-500 or so. I raised the blind from 30 to 90 with ace 6 off suit on the button and got called from the sb , who had ace jack. The flop was 9 jack 3, and I thought I had a ace 9. he checked to me and I went all in
and he called. I lost all but 3 chips. My next hand was ace queen. If I had waited one hand who knows. The raise pre flop wasnt bad, but on the flop I should have been very cautious, I could have bet out and then folded
to a raise.

I finished the tourney in 3rd place, prize was 40$. The entry was 20$
I finished 3rd last week also, but only got 20$ that time. The two weeks prior I played only cash games and made 100$ each time.

-Paw

The4thFilm
09-02-2004, 03:22 AM
Is there a point to this?

MEbenhoe
09-02-2004, 04:04 AM
I think it was some sort of an attempt to brag about his poker skill or something. Instead it just made him look like a fool.