PDA

View Full Version : The Craziest Home Game Ever

G Baade
09-02-2004, 01:09 AM
I got invited to a home game tonight that will go down as the craziest game I have ever been in. First of all the buy in was 40 bux! This got you 40 chips, some of which looked like a German Sheaperd used them for a chew toy. The guy who invited me told me these guys were really good and played all the time.

Blinds are 2 for BB 1 for SB. I want to observe a little bit and I was the dealer so I sat the first go round. Needless to say I knew it would be a quick night. One of the guys who weighed about 900 pounds and smelled like dirty socks raises 6 chips from the button with KQ suited. A guy in the middle position calls the 6 and the guy next to him calls also. Keep in mind you only have 40 chips. Flop comes J /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Dirty sock guy puts in a 10 chip bet. Again remember only 40 chips. Guy in middle calls and other guy who looked like Eminem folds. Turn card is a 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Stinky animal bets 10 more and middle man calls again. River is a 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Large and smelly bets all in and middle fella calls all in. Cards flip and middle guy has a 3 9 o/s. As hes dragging the pot he says " You were only betting 10 which is a moderate bet"! WTF? The guy called a quarter of his stack on a 3 9 o/s. After I saw this I knew I was in trouble.

After a few more hands a southern guy they kept calling cornfed, that same middle guy, and a guy named Tad wearing a variation of the puffy shirt (hopefully you have seen Seinfeld to get this). Are in a heated 3 way battle and the pot is pretty large for 40 starting chips. Flop is J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif. Turn is a A /images/graemlins/spade.gif and the river is a 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. These guys were betting heavily pre flop and all the way thru and when they showdown one guy has 6 8 o/s cornfed has 8 Q o/s and the same guy who won aformentioned hand shows 10 2 suited /images/graemlins/spade.gif. 10 2 wins the pot and gives us another wonderful line. "I thought you guys were bluffin".LMAO!

By this time I have my sights on going all in with a semi good hand and leaving this disgrace of a game. On one hand the guy on the right of the button ask the guy on the button if he is going to call an all in, cuz if he isnt going to then he will.

On another hand after the flop came. Puffy shirt guy who was already folded digs in the muck to find his hand and says "gosh darnit I am playing every hand from now on I just tossed a full boat on the flop". The flop was a 9 and 2 dueces so I guess he was mad he tossed that awesome 2 9.

As I said before. I was looking for one good hand because I was thru. In the BB i get KK and figure he were go. Everyone had limped in and I push my 31 chips in the middle. Everyone folds around to the button and he studies for a long time and says I call. I flip up my Kings and he flips up................................................ ........J 3 o/s. I am torn between the fact that I am probably going to win. And the fact I will be sitting here next to sock smellin guy for another hour even though he was eliminated long ago. I swear to you that he smelled so bad that when I took a drink of water I almost puked because it tasted like he smelled. Anyways I want the 400 bucks so I am more happy than bummed. Flop comes Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif turn is a 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and river is......................you guessed it a 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. After this I hear the chorus of "nice hand", "I had a feeling 3's were coming", and my favorite "well played". I stood up said nice hand and walked to the door very quietly. Just as I get in my car I see one guy run out and he offers me this. We play every day except Sunday. You should come back. WOW!!!!!!!!!!

theWhale
09-02-2004, 01:33 AM
you should go back, get there early and pick a seat across from smelly sock

random
09-02-2004, 07:31 AM
That's pretty hilarious. Loved your descriptions.

broomcorn
09-02-2004, 02:53 PM
"well played". that is classic.
where is this game???
i want in NOW.
seriously,
B

mrraise
09-02-2004, 03:17 PM
That was funny as hell, but yeah, I'd go back quickly (with noseplugs) and just bust these guys /images/graemlins/grin.gif

h_ven
09-02-2004, 03:18 PM
Sounds like my home game sometimes...

But, anyway, if I was you I'd be there everyday. Just because you got outdrawn with KK once, you giving up?

Sure your going to get outdrawn everyonce in a while, but, in the long run you'd come out ahead.

C-Dog
09-02-2004, 03:38 PM
The funniest part of this all is the fact that, by the tone of post, you dont wanna go back and play. I would be salivating over that... Maybe you should reevaluate what kinds of games you really want to play in...

C-Dog

DimensionPresident
09-02-2004, 03:43 PM
I have never laughed so uncontrollably in my life while reading something on a message board. I had a perfect mental image of this entire affair in my mind while reading.

"We play every day except Sunday."

Amazing!

G Baade
09-02-2004, 04:48 PM
I know it sounds like a juicy game, but the table talk, digging hands from muck, and overall lack of rule following is what will make me steer clear of this game!

DimensionPresident
09-02-2004, 05:19 PM
Dude... How were you even able to keep a straight face when he said "I had a feeling 3's were coming"?

That has to be the funniest story I've ever read.

DimensionPresident
09-03-2004, 01:33 AM
On Celeb Poker Showdown tonight, the dude who busted out on the first hand (Adam Rodriguez?) made me think of this post.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

rdu $teve
09-03-2004, 01:45 PM
where is this game please? If you dont want to take their money, please let us. The chip/blind structure should be your 1st inclination that these people have no clue what they're doing.

Sounds like the only thing missing is the little kid in the back play the deliverance song on his banjo.

G Baade
09-03-2004, 02:20 PM
It's in Flint Michigan. Have fun trying to win. Your only hope is to get a good hand and hope you dont have 9 callers. It might sound easy but with 40 chips and 1 sb 2 bb you have to make a move quick. You cannot bluff, semi bluff, or get anyone to fold, under any circumstances! In my opinion it truly is a 100% luck game they play and I dont think anyone could dominate like they say they would. Add to that the fact that one of them smells like either hot garbage or dirty socks, depending on which way the ceiling fan blows, and it is a very sick atmosphere.

Richard Tanner
09-04-2004, 11:03 PM
I'd have to agree with G, I don't know that this game is winnable. Yeah It sounds good at first but Kings lose the majority of the time to eight callers. Plus, with blinds that high you have to get your best hand in two or three orbits or your double up will barley bring you back to see level (of course a lucky octupple up would due nicely).
In other words flip a coin before you go, if you win then go and get used to that coin since it will offer the best odds you'll be seeing that night.

Cody

G Baade
09-06-2004, 12:01 AM
I went back last night after striking out at finding another game. Same people but this time it is 80 bucks to get in. I dont know for sure but I think they think I am a fish. And that was the reason for the higher buy in. Anyway it was crazy as usual but for a different reason. First hand I get A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif. Second hand I get A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif. Third hand I get 88. Fourth hand I get 55. Broke the whole table on 4 hands and won 800 bucks. On the first hand a guy had QQ and another had AK so I see why they played. The other 3 hands I won they thought I was bullshittin, and called, to in there words "put up or shut up"! LOL!!!!

I also stayed for a second game for the simple reason that smelly had bathed recently and was'nt as bothersome. I won that one too. It was more of a grind but I got a pretty big chip lead early by hitting a nut flush on the flop with 2 callers. 1 had a lower flush and 1 had a set. After that I had like 120 chips and I could play more aggressive. Very good night overall!

Next home game I report on will be a game my Mom got me into with the Doctor she works for. Its alot more money but these guys know how to play. Hmmmmmmm, I think I heard that before. Hope these Doctors dont turn out to be smelly sock puffy shirt and Eminem types.

kona
09-06-2004, 01:18 AM
Good for you! Winning despite the ability of your opponents shows skill. It doesn’t matter if they other players are more or less skilled you still accomplished your goals. Actually, I think that many home games don’t play Texas Hold’em but instead play Texas no fold’em. Then again I have heard the pros on TV complain about the amateurs play in their tournaments. Only to watch a pro betting or going all in on a hand I would never play. I guess it’s all relative. The bottom line is you have to make the choices and bets to win no matter what level of opponent you play against. Good job.

DimensionPresident
10-13-2004, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I went back last night after striking out at finding another game. Same people but this time it is 80 bucks to get in. I dont know for sure but I think they think I am a fish. And that was the reason for the higher buy in. Anyway it was crazy as usual but for a different reason. First hand I get A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif. Second hand I get A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif. Third hand I get 88. Fourth hand I get 55. Broke the whole table on 4 hands and won 800 bucks. On the first hand a guy had QQ and another had AK so I see why they played. The other 3 hands I won they thought I was bullshittin, and called, to in there words "put up or shut up"! LOL!!!!

I also stayed for a second game for the simple reason that smelly had bathed recently and was'nt as bothersome. I won that one too. It was more of a grind but I got a pretty big chip lead early by hitting a nut flush on the flop with 2 callers. 1 had a lower flush and 1 had a set. After that I had like 120 chips and I could play more aggressive. Very good night overall!

[/ QUOTE ]

The entire tournament was over in 4 hands? haaaaa hahahha.

I came back to this thead as I remember how funny it was a few months ago, I never even saw this update. My god.