PDA

View Full Version : How bout it?

ThingDo
09-01-2004, 11:45 PM
PS 5.50's blinds are 15/30 and I pick up A9o in the BB. 2 limpers to me and the SB completes, I check. Flop is 9c5c6h. I have T1500 as does almost everyone but the SB. He has me covered by about 1k in chips. He won an all-in w/ QQ and was very agressive w/ it on the flop. He also raised this, however he wasn't in a blind. I Bet 120, everyone folds to the SB who check raises to 240. I think for a while and raise to 600, he pushes and I fold. Anyone play this differently?

ThingDo
09-01-2004, 11:47 PM
A couple things I didn't mention. He had not played another hand up until this point and I didn't have a club.

lastchance
09-02-2004, 12:22 AM
Since you have position, I'd call here, maybe see a free card, see what your opponent does on the turn. The min check-raise makes me start thinking that I probably am beat.

ThingDo
09-02-2004, 12:45 AM
I really considered calling, but I thought that if I called it would cost me more. I thought this was the cheapest way of playing the hand. I wasn't willing to let go of TP that easily just yet. If I call and he bets turn I know just as much about his hand as I did on the flop. I could be wrong. I def. thought it was interesting.