PDA

View Full Version : 63o 15-30. i can read your mind.

09-01-2002, 12:53 AM
no im not making these up. this one was in the bb though. utg+1 limps, all fold to sb who is just lost in space and he calls, and i check.

the flop is 832 rainbow. sb checks, i bet, utg+1 is a good player, reasonably tight (by L.A. standards) and quite aggressive. i have a read on his flop call: in his mind he's already decided that i am a bluffing player and that he'd like to try to isolate me and/or run me off my hand. but he decides not to raise yet. he wants to wait till the turn. so utg+1 calls and sb folds.

the turn is a 5. i bet, utg+1 quickly raises and before he can get his bet out im making it 3 bets. he quickly folds. i tell him "i saw that coming a mile away" and after a few giggles he decides he's definitely ready to leave and racks up, making room for a much worse player.

im proud of my read on that one can you tell? ill post a few more hands where i flubbed up badly to even things out.

09-01-2002, 03:33 AM
You have a lot of outs here on the turn even when your read is not correct. A six gives you two pair (3 outs), a trey gives you trips (2 outs), and a four gives you a straight (4 outs) for a total of 9 outs from 46 unseen cards. Your drawing odds are about 4-to-1 and your pot odds are slightly better than that. You will probably collect another double bet on the end when you hit even if he is raising with a better hand than yours.