PDA

View Full Version : 32s button 15-30

09-01-2002, 12:46 AM
this hand came after my 52o hand before. i have 32s on the button and open raise again for kicks.

both blinds call. this raise is partially induced by deez nutz excellent play of the hand in a post from a few weeks ago and dynasty's insipid, simplistic criticism of deez for trying to steal with such cheese.

the flop is 543 rainbow. sb bets, bb raises, i 3 bet, both call.

the turn is another 4. both check and i bet, both call.

the river is still another 4. they both check and i check.

comments?

09-01-2002, 01:48 AM
I would have bet the river. Does anyone else have a pair? Unlikely.

09-01-2002, 11:49 AM
The best play on this hand could very well depend on if the 5-2 hand got shown. Either way, come to think of it, I think checking the river is kinda wussified. With an overpair or a five, I'd expect someone to cap the flop or make a move on the turn. But then, when they called your turn bet, you might have got vibes that a better hand had resigned to calling down. Tough one. I like betting the river.

Tommy

09-01-2002, 06:54 PM
i think the bottom line is that if im going to play a hand like this i need to maximize my gain from it and that indeed i shouldve bet the river.

as it was the sb wouldnt show his hand meaning he had no pair and probably not even ace high (i read him as having a naked 6), and bb reluctantly showed K5s for the best full house at the table. i think he was convinced even after my river check that i had a big overpair. i mucked so know one saw my hand.