PDA

View Full Version : A9 flops an ace and a backdoor draw.

spacemonkey57
09-01-2004, 10:28 PM
This was my first hand at the table. Typically I don't post, but I'm chasing a bonus right now and figured what the hell in the CO. Someone made a comment about MP1 finally buying a pot the previous hand, so I figured he had been playing agressive. I really don't like to take reads from other party players though.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $0.50. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) calls, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls,

Flop: (11.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

I 3 bet since the pot was large to protect my hand. I figured I could at least push the button out and might even get lucky and drive out the BB (probably a stupid idea at party).

Turn: (11.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Raise it here? He worried me by leading the turn after the flop was capped.

River: (14.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Easy call. I guess I could have raised since the flush didn't get there.

Final Pot: 17.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 17.75 BB, between Hero, BB and MP1.</font>

Comments are always appreciated.

Peter Harris
09-02-2004, 05:34 AM
posting in the CO is perfectly acceptable. It's the only place outside BB that i post.

BB looks like they were chasing a flush.
I would give MP the credit for AK, K8. The worst they will be is AQ/AJs possibly.

If you took this one down i would be genuinely impressed. Look forward to seeing the results.

Regards,
Pete Harris

spacemonkey57
09-02-2004, 11:41 AM
BB had KTo, MP1 had J2s, and MHIG. If this had been stars I probably would have folded the flop, but I've seen stuff like this at party enough to make three betting more attractive. Maybe it's not so bad to trust the other players' reads sometimes. /images/graemlins/grin.gif