View Full Version : Somebody shoot VVP

River2Pair
09-01-2004, 10:17 PM
Watching WPT from the Commerce.

Brenes (short-stacked) pushes with AQ
Juanda (chip leader) calls with KJ

Board is JTxx on the turn.

River is an ace.

VVP--"Oh that is just wrong! That has got to send Johnny Juanda into meltdown here!"

River2Pair
09-01-2004, 10:40 PM
Later in the episode...

Brenes and Laak heads up

Board is T9446

Laak has 88
Brenes has JT

Brenes bets 100k on the river.

Sexton--"The way this hand was played, the only hands Laak can beat right now are hands like QJ, Q8 or Q7.

Van Patten--"Or a bluff."

How does this man still have a job?

Nagoo81
09-02-2004, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How does this man still have a job?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he's Shana Hiatt's brother-in-law. And let's face it, its her that really makes that show what it is. /images/graemlins/heart.gif

ThePopinjay
09-02-2004, 02:41 AM
she's on my list of extremely extremely hot women, #1 is elisha cuthbert

MicroBob
09-02-2004, 06:28 AM
Elisha who??

I'm so NOT with the times. I feel freaking old.

rdu $teve
09-02-2004, 11:25 AM
Dont complain about these two making their bad commentary. They put these crazy ideas in all the fish's heads, then send them (and their money) straight over to Partypoker. CHA-CHING!!!

I smile every time I hear them say "He's got a WIRED PAIR!!", when talking about 33 or 55, ect. Or "oooo, but MR. xxxx is suited" when someone has Q7, and calls a bet. It the large emphasis these two put on mediocre to bad hands that forms ideas in the fish's heads; these result in their bad plays and give us money.

If I had a dollar for every time some fish called me down with a small pocket pair (because it was in the pocket, its so much more powerful), or played his 93s for the flush draw, I'd be very rich. Oh!! wait, I get several dollars each time! Thanks, Vince and Mike you guys kick âss