PDA

View Full Version : KT on the button, with one limper ahead

PotatoStew
09-01-2004, 10:05 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero ???

Was my preflop raise ok? If the flop was not raised, I was considering raising it myself -- bad idea, or good? Considering that it was raised before me, what do you think I should do here? Suggestions? Comments?

btspider
09-01-2004, 10:11 PM
odd, i just had a hand like this. i raised the MP1 limper, but had a KK9 flop. he had pocket T's.. not sure if it was a good PF raise or not.

Sidekick
09-01-2004, 11:26 PM
Personally I fold on the flop. The reason being that SB 3-bet preflop, MP1 cold called that raise and reraise. Now, SB comes out firing and MP1 is raising. If SB and MP1 are decent players, then from preflop I'd put SB on an overpair and MP1 on a smaller pair and he hit his trips or he is 4 to his flush. If even one of these assumptions is correct then you are way behind and quite possibly drawing nearly dead.

I will be interested to see other replies to see if this is considered a weak play on my part.

Chicanist
09-02-2004, 12:38 AM
Raise is fine...I don't know what I'd do on the flop. Given SBs PF aggression and the fact that you'd have to call 2 cold, I'd probably just fold here.

I'm not sure what to do if MP1 had just called instead of raising... I think I'd still fold since MP1 is in the pot, and raising isn't really going to accomplish anything. That might be weak-tight though. If MP1 had folded I think I'd raise and go from there.

cjromero
09-02-2004, 09:14 AM
I think the raise is okay. Is there something wrong with just calling, assuming you have at least some respect for the limper's preflop play? While KT is likely better than two average hands in the blinds, you may not have much of an edge on the earlier limper.

I would fold on the flop. No real draws out there for you, and the other two guys like their hands.

crockett
09-02-2004, 10:32 AM
Excellent Hand!

Perfect example of why KTo is not a raising hand. You raise with crap and now your re-raised. Hope for a great flop. I'm surprised anyone likes the raise here.

Flop: Uh...fold. How much more aggression do you need to see. SB 3-bet cold pre-flop and then bet out the flop into the pre-flop raiser who then raises him.

If your considering calling this, what turn card are you hoping for? I sure don't think it's a K. Maybe runner runner to fill in your straight? No flush draw...

Maybe I'm too tight but when I'm 3-betting my AK, AA, KK, QQ, JJ, guys who cold call two bets in this situation are the ones I want to come along.