PDA

View Full Version : 34s BB in large field, help me get max value

pstripling
09-01-2004, 08:49 PM
Comments apprecaited on every street.

10 handed on PartyPoker. 1st hand. No reads.

Hero is BB.

UTG calls, UTG +1 calls, MP1 calls, 2 folds, CO+1 calls, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="red"> SB raises </font> , Hero calls with 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif , everyone else calls.

7 players (14 sb)
FLOP: 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets, Hero calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO+1 calls, button calls

6 players (10 BB)
Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets, <font color="red">Hero raises </font> , UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, CO+1 calls, button calls, SB calls

5 players (20 BB)
River: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets </font> , MP1 calls, CO+1 folds, Button calls, BB folds

23 BB

4 questions

1) Should I have called the raise preflop. I think yes because of the # of players...but the possibility of a reraise was certainly possible.

2) Should I have raised the flop. I can't think of any good reason to, but maybe I am missing something.

3) Should I have raised the turn. No one had shown much strength yet so I wasn't going to count on anyone else to do it for me. Plus I wanted anyone who had trips or a bigger flush to pay the maximum to draw.

4) Should I have gone for the check raise on the river instead of the value bet?

All comments welcome.

thirddan
09-01-2004, 08:58 PM
i think you played the hand fine...

Preflop: i think this is ok

Flop: i don't see a reason to raise here, you most likely arent gonna win if you make a pair so you want people to stay in

Turn: your position sucks relative to the raiser, but i think this is a definite raise as someone with top pair or overpair isn't going anywhere and someone with a flush draw will call you

River: Don't go for a c/r, this is somewhat of a scare card in case SB has a pair, but no A, this might prevent someone from betting...

balkii
09-01-2004, 08:59 PM
PF call is probably fine unless there is a player prone to limp-reraising behind you

flop i'd just call

turn easy raise, thats the card you wanted!

river I'd just bet, while someone will probably bet if you check you cant be sure where the bet will come from. theres also a pretty decent chance someone just made two pair and will raise then you 3-bet.

So, I play the same on every street.

Alexthegreat
09-01-2004, 09:54 PM
Preflop is okay...i'd prefer that the raise was from somewhere else.....

Flop is fine

Turn I'm looking for overcalls....no one has shown any interest in the hand except the SB, so there is no reason to believe that any or all of them will call two bets cold....As it happens, it worked out great, but usually I'm not raising this hand here...

River is an easy bet..no question about it...

TheHip41
09-01-2004, 10:30 PM
Calling this pre flop is ok seeing as how you know everyone and there brother will call 1 more back to them. I see no point in raising the flop here. You have 4 high, and the ass end of a straight draw, no need to go crazy. I just call here.

On the turn, you made your hand, and no one is going to expect a straight here. Make them pay to call with 2 pair. The river I bet, You have shown strength, and checking the ace will be suspicious. Don't get fancy, you ahve the nuts, bet, hopefully someone made aces up and raises you.

Nice hand.

Derek

Michael Davis
09-01-2004, 11:57 PM
I also would just call on the flop, but if you have a reasonable chance of getting it heads up, your pair outs might be good and this is a big pot. Plus, even if you can't get it heads up, if you get a lot of callers, that's okay, too.

-Michael