PDA

View Full Version : I've got a big hand, just kidding

08-29-2002, 02:30 PM
30/60 Commerce

Asian woman who seems to play quite well raises UTG. A middle position poster calls, I 3-bet two off the button with J J , UTG caps, poster folds, and I call.

Flop: K x y r (blank, different blank, rainbow). UTG checks! I'm somewhat bewildered and check behind.

Turn: K . UTG checks again! Hmmm... There are six combinations of chickened out QQ and only one combination of tricky quad KK. There are also some I lost my gumption AQs and who knows what else (I don't really know the player all that well). I bet and she folds! All I could think was, thank God she didn't bet that flop!

- Dan

08-29-2002, 03:19 PM
id almost swear i know the exact player you were up against and that she definitely had AQs given what i know of her play and how she played the hand.

08-29-2002, 07:22 PM
Folding on the flop if she bet would be wrong unless you were absolutely positive you were beat.A good part of the reason is that you could catch a jack.

08-29-2002, 07:42 PM
"A good part of the reason is that you could catch a jack."

That's part of the reason to be sure, but wouldn't a better part be that you might have the best hand?

08-29-2002, 07:45 PM
"Asian woman who seems to play quite well raises UTG."

That's got to rank as one of the worst played hands (by someone who plays quite well), that I've ever heard.

08-29-2002, 08:01 PM
I just noticed that she capped it pre-flop. Presumably this was with a hand such as AQs or TT to represent a bigger hand than she had. Now if she knows you won't fold a better hand, there's not much she can beat so her play is actually pretty sound. Sorry for reading over your hand too quickly.

08-29-2002, 08:03 PM
since this player plays quite passively post-flop (provided ive got the right player) you could narrow her hands down to AA, KK, AKs, and AQs, possibly QQ. that's all she would cap with preflop. she would only bet the flop with one of the first 3 hands and i think she would only possibly check the flop with KK (doubt it though, she's VERY straight forward).

i think daniel shouldve bet the flop.

the lady im thinking of is about 50-55 with orange hair, sometimes wears glasses. plays very tight and only bets made hands.