PDA

View Full Version : Which Forum, Man?

07-22-2002, 01:43 PM
Despite posting for several years, with all the new forums sometimes I don’t know the best forum to start a thread on subjects that do not clearly fall into a particular category. In particular, I’m hoping to start discussion on ideas for improving the way things are done in card rooms: Some topics would include:

How do you reduce the amount of lobbying in a drop or rake game with an ante?

How do you reduce the amount of lobbying in a drop or rake game with blinds?

How could the structure for medium limit stud be improved?

How could rules governing betting (applicable to all games) be improved?

How do you get tournament players to play ring games more often?

I don’t need these topics discussed yet, but I’m curious as to which forum would be the best place to ask the questions.

Regards,

Rick

07-22-2002, 02:04 PM
The new Rick Nebiolo Forum on Random Topics, of course...

(hey, they already did ONE individual player forum in the past..)

If not, then I would say:

General

General

Stud

General

Psychology? or Tournaments

07-22-2002, 02:14 PM
What was Eazy-E (Eric Wright) saying in the background on the NWA EP (100 miles) on the last track ?

07-22-2002, 03:03 PM
I would say that this forum would be best for those kinds of topics. I think they fit under "views." The question that is specifically about stud might be discussed in the stud section. What's wrong with the current structure of middle-limit stud anyway?

07-22-2002, 03:16 PM
This forum is the right one I think. I'm pretty sure that topics like yours were intended to be covered. So when it comes to cardroom issues, this forum is good. Post some of those topics and see. But now that you posted this, Wrong Forum Man will spring to life regardless of where you post. :-)

07-22-2002, 06:00 PM
I think they could all be discussed on the General Theory board, or, more informally, on this one.

07-22-2002, 08:58 PM
its obvious we need a forum for questions on which forum to post, and another forum to discuss the addition of new forums. maybe eLROY can help you with this one.

07-23-2002, 11:59 AM
Andy,

There probably is nothing wrong with the structure of stud at most limits. I'm just looking for opinions on where to place these questions.

Regards,

Rick

07-23-2002, 12:01 PM
One thing is for sure, Matt Sklansky sure has a lot of reading to do. And I hope he has broadband and a good browser like Opera.

Regards,

Rick

07-23-2002, 12:06 PM
For general card club policy questions, it seems those are the two choices. In the past these posts seemed to fit on the "General Poker Theory" Forum, but lately that forum has digressed into puzzles and so on. This "Poker News, Views, and Gossip" forum might be the best place now.

Regards,

Rick

07-23-2002, 05:10 PM
Maybe he was hoping some of the departing members wouldn't come after him... if I remember correctly, Cube and Dre weren't too happy with him...