PDA

View Full Version : A serious question about 15-30 PP card distribution.

Turning Stone Pro
09-01-2004, 03:08 PM
Ok, fellas, I'm not talking about on-line poker being rigged, and all that jibberish. I have noticed something, however, and I would like to get the opinion of other regular 15-30 PP players.

Since I started playing PP, I have noticed that an A seems to come on the turn an unusual amount of time. I have had this work for me and against me (so, not favoring me or disfavoring me, from what I can tell). I see it most often when I have AK or AQ (or my opponent does), the flop is ragged, and the A comes on the turn.

Is this just my imagination? Could very possibly be, but I wanted to ask the other regulars.

Thanks in advance,

TSP

James282
09-01-2004, 03:13 PM
It's your imagination. This is your second post of this nature so I wouldn't call the only poker being rigged theories "jibberish" since you apparently still entertain notions that something fishy is going on.
-James

MicroBob
09-01-2004, 03:38 PM
I've never played 15/30 si I honestly don't know.

Do they deal fewer turn-aces at the other levels to even it out? This could really effect how I calculate my outs.

Ulysses
09-01-2004, 03:42 PM
If this is a serious post, you are dumber than I thought. If this is a joke, then I am impressed w/ your dry wit and you are mocking the morons very well.

Turning Stone Pro
09-01-2004, 04:00 PM
This is a very serious post. This issue was raised to me by a well-respected PP player, and I would like a serious response.

TSP

Sponger15SB
09-01-2004, 04:08 PM
Yeah, it isn't rigged but an ace comes on the turn more frequently.

I'm sick of these "i'm not saying its rigged" and then go on to point out how it is rigged.

M2d
09-01-2004, 04:11 PM
maybe if your post said something like "over X hands, I kept track and saw that an A turned Y times, well over the normal distribution..." you'd get more serious replies. As it stands, your statement has as much validity as mine when i say that I haven't caught any sturgeon this year, so I think they're endangered without stating how many times I fished for them, etc.

Turning Stone Pro
09-01-2004, 04:33 PM
Speaking of sturgeon, did you ever see the Babe Winkleman episode when he hooks the HUGE Sturgeon (I think it was in the Colorado River), while he was fishing out of one of those inner-tube things?

It was awesome!

TSP

M2d
09-01-2004, 04:57 PM
was that the Colombia river one in washington? I remember a show (but don't remember if it was Babe) where they got a dinosaur out of the river, but I think it was in the northwest.

Tosh
09-01-2004, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and I would like a serious response.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just got one.

Ulysses
09-01-2004, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a very serious post. This issue was raised to me by a well-respected PP player, and I would like a serious response.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) No, an Ace does not come on the turn a disproportionate amount of the time.

2) Yes, you are dumb.

NotMitch
09-01-2004, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, fellas, I'm not talking about on-line poker being rigged, and all that jibberish. I have noticed something, however, and I would like to get the opinion of other regular 15-30 PP players.

Since I started playing PP, I have noticed that an A seems to come on the turn an unusual amount of time. I have had this work for me and against me (so, not favoring me or disfavoring me, from what I can tell). I see it most often when I have AK or AQ (or my opponent does), the flop is ragged, and the A comes on the turn.

Is this just my imagination? Could very possibly be, but I wanted to ask the other regulars.

Thanks in advance,

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

Its too bad somebody didn't have a huge database of hands from that game so they could check something like that. I guess we may never know for sure.

rory
09-01-2004, 07:03 PM
It is only rigged for $15/30, I have noticed. I think it is why everyone is having trouble beating it??

-rory

MicroBob
09-01-2004, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This issue was raised to me by a well-respected PP player

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't mind sitting in a game with this 'well-respected PP player'.

Not sure exactly who it is that respects him, but I certainly would not include myself.

I absolutely HAVE to build my BR to take on these 'well-respected' 15/30 players before they all bust-out.

MMMMMM
09-01-2004, 10:13 PM
I have noticed that it seems to be heavily rigged in favor of 3-outers lately.

Sundevils21
09-01-2004, 10:28 PM
I think hes right. Aces do come up a lot on the turn. But then again so do K's-2's. Dam there are a lot of tables at party going at once.

Bukem_
09-01-2004, 11:33 PM
Actually if it always seems evenly distrubuted, then you should worry about it being rigged. It's quite natural for a number generator to hit the same thing a few times in a row. Of course it will all even out given enough runs.

razor
09-02-2004, 12:01 AM
Party/Skins is very rigged... but they keep changing things up...

One time they rigged it so I only got AA once in about 2,000 hands...

In July Intertops was rigged so that a mediocre tourney player like me used freerolls and low buyin MMTs to turn $0 into $1,000.

In the beginning of August Party was rigged so that I kicked ass on all those 1/2 poker playin' wannabes. I won big time.

Last Thursday it was rigged so that none of my draws came in and none of my made hands held up. This cost me big time.

Last night it was rigged so that my AAs held up but all my flushes were beaten by full houses and all my other big pairs got crushed. more losses

Tonite just seemed like Rigged mode was turned off.

It'll be interesting to see what they do their software tomorrow.

Be VERY careful, those programmers are a crafty lot and they are ALWAYS f***in' with the software...

offTopic
09-02-2004, 02:30 AM
I think there is a very real possibility that some of that furniture you bought is outgassing some harmful chemicals that are affecting your thought processes.

fnurt
09-02-2004, 03:24 AM
Of course it seems like more aces come on the turn. It's hardly going to stick in your mind when a 7 comes on the turn!

It's kind of depressing how many replies this thread has gotten. I know we're all bored on the Internet, but still.

MicroBob
09-02-2004, 06:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's hardly going to stick in your mind when a 7 comes on the turn!

[/ QUOTE ]

This one is pretty easy.
We all know that there is a HUGELY disproportionate amount of 7's coming on the river. Obviously this leaves fewer 7's for the turn.

Tosh
09-02-2004, 08:23 AM
Good post, the skilled player adapts to the constant changes in how they rig it.

Senor Choppy
09-02-2004, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This issue was raised to me by a well-respected PP player

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to know this person's PP nick.

Turning Stone Pro
09-02-2004, 11:58 AM
Yep, I think that was it. It was HUGE! And it's pulling fat-ass Winkleman around this big pool! Pretty neat stuff.

sucka
09-02-2004, 03:01 PM
I have been a long-term winner at online poker at various sites and various levels. I don't notice anything out of the ordinary (but I don't play PP 15-30).

However, unless any of you that post on this board are on the PP software development team than no one can say with 100% accuracy that any online site isn't doing something that's not 100% legit.

If a site could make a minor 'modification' that gave them a .0001 edge and no one would be able to tell in their own relatively small sample size of card distribution that netted them more $$ - who is to say that they couldn't/wouldn't do it? These are unregulated / offshore companies who have little or no oversight whatsoever.

I'm not saying that they are because I certainly don't have any proof. But it's funny to me how so many people say that they know that they aren't when they don't know [censored].

James282
09-02-2004, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have been a long-term winner at online poker at various sites and various levels. I don't notice anything out of the ordinary (but I don't play PP 15-30).

However, unless any of you that post on this board are on the PP software development team than no one can say with 100% accuracy that any online site isn't doing something that's not 100% legit.

If a site could make a minor 'modification' that gave them a .0001 edge and no one would be able to tell in their own relatively small sample size of card distribution that netted them more $$ - who is to say that they couldn't/wouldn't do it? These are unregulated / offshore companies who have little or no oversight whatsoever.

I'm not saying that they are because I certainly don't have any proof. But it's funny to me how so many people say that they know that they aren't when they don't know [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Ridiculousness guised in eloquence.

The house already has an edge - much more than .0001%. It's called the rake - it makes more money than all the players combined.
-James

sucka
09-02-2004, 07:49 PM
Ridiculousness guised in eloquence.

I sure hope it is. My point however is that I doubt very seriously that there is anything fishy going on - but for anyone other than the handful of people that are employed at each site that handle application development to say that they know POSITIVELY one way or the other is absurd.

Paluka
09-03-2004, 10:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, fellas, I'm not talking about on-line poker being rigged, and all that jibberish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it sounds like you are. I just got back in town and am late to this party, but I just wanted you to know that you are stupid.

Thythe
09-03-2004, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it isn't rigged but an ace comes on the turn more frequently.

I'm sick of these "i'm not saying its rigged" and then go on to point out how it is rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly my feeling. These posts always start with "i'm not saying it's rigged." Then after that it's like "but AA gets dealt too much so it's rigged."

tpir90036
09-03-2004, 12:16 PM
Let me do your tarot cards and then i can tell you how to adjust your karma to dodge these aces. I bet the ace of diamonds is coming up the most.... it means that you are greedy.

-tpir

p.s. Set sail for stupid.

Turning Stone Pro
09-03-2004, 12:31 PM
Paluka. . you're one of the worst short-handed players on PP. You have no standing to comment on this theory.

Put up, or shut up. Friday nite, 8:00 est. heads up PP 15-30, get a prvt table.

Paluka
09-03-2004, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Paluka. . you're one of the worst short-handed players on PP. You have no standing to comment on this theory.

Put up, or shut up. Friday nite, 8:00 est. heads up PP 15-30, get a prvt table.

[/ QUOTE ]

find me a way to play you without a high rake and we can talk.

Tosh
09-03-2004, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

find me a way to play you without a high rake and we can talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

100/200 on Stars?

pudley4
09-03-2004, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks in advance,

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you quit PP because you couldn't beat the 15/30?

Maybe now we know why...

Justin A
09-03-2004, 02:23 PM
So that's what's happening. I just had a string of 12 PP's in a row where I didn't flop a set. Everyone knows you flop a set one time in nine.

Justin A

Justin A
09-03-2004, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This one is pretty easy.
We all know that there is a HUGELY disproportionate amount of 7's coming on the river. Obviously this leaves fewer 7's for the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually laughed out loud when I saw this one. I'm not sure why, on review it doesn't seem overly funny. Kudos anyway though.

Justin A

Justin A
09-03-2004, 02:29 PM
Just curious, how did your HU match against Jay end up. I watched for a while when you guys kept going back and forth and the rake was eating away at your stacks. Did you finish the match or did the rake eventually take all 4k?

Justin A

Turning Stone Pro
09-03-2004, 03:25 PM
I ended up ahead about 1,000. rake got us for 300 or so.

TSP

MicroBob
09-03-2004, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought you quit PP because you couldn't beat the 15/30?

Maybe now we know why...

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by 'maybe'?