PDA

View Full Version : 86s in the BB

bisonbison
09-01-2004, 03:02 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG <font color="purple">(littleLAGGY)</font> raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 <font color="purple">(loosepassive1)</font> calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 <font color="purple">(bitLAGGY)</font> calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button <font color="purple">(loosepassive2)</font> calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls,

Flop: (10.33 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">littleLAGGY bets</font>, loosepassive1 calls, bitLAGGY calls, loosepassive2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">littleLAGGY 3-bets</font>, loosepassive1 calls, bitLAGGY folds, loosepassive2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.66 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

Comments on the action so far?

Ralph Wiggum
09-01-2004, 03:09 PM
PF: fine
flop: c/r vs 4 opponents is good
turn: I like the bet. Hopefully PFR raises you and helps you protect your hand.

All-In
09-01-2004, 03:11 PM
I like the flop C/R. Almost tempted to C/R the turn here too.

WarmonkEd
09-01-2004, 03:14 PM
You don't really need to protect your hand. No A /images/graemlins/spade.gif, two pair or trips will fold anyway. Ideally you'd want loosepassive2 to raise so you can trap everyone.

Ralph Wiggum
09-01-2004, 03:21 PM
That's true, but how about lessor spade? I think it's possible with this action that a T or 9 could fold?

Also betting ensures that he doesn't miss bets. With the King pairing, that might scare the PFR. Betting out, with the possibility to 3-bet, allows him to build as big a pot possible while he's got the best of it.

BeerMoney
09-01-2004, 03:25 PM
I would cap the flop or checkraise the turn. Are you planning on reraising the flop if he raises, or are you scared of a bigger hand?

Jonny Melon
09-01-2004, 03:29 PM
Actually, if bison gets raised it does protect his hand. You're right that no one with the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif or a K is going to fold, but the 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif or 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif very well might. A bet and raise by littleLaggy also makes calling with Q7 incorrect, whereas Q7 is correct to call for 1 bet. Protecting your hand does NOT (necessarily) mean making an opponent fold. It also means making your opponent call incorrectly with their draws.

Added bonus: Anyone with the above draws will stay in-- bison is getting great equity when they call 2 cold, and will also better know where he's at going to the river.

Jon

sfer
09-01-2004, 03:31 PM
I checkraise the turn too.

bisonbison
09-01-2004, 03:32 PM
I guess I just got afraid that no one would bet.

sfer
09-01-2004, 03:37 PM
With 2 semi-LAGs I would be willing to take that chance. Also, getting 3-bet on the turn tells you about the same thing as getting capped.

junkmail3
09-01-2004, 04:14 PM
I like the play so far, and would only be worried about the QQ, but it's not enough for me to slow down. I, unlike others, like the turn bet. With the action on the flop, you have a good chance of getting raised again, which you want (I would assume), I wouldn't want them to be able to check around, everyone being afraied of the flush with their JJ, AJ, QJs, whatever. KQ would be bad.

WarmonkEd
09-01-2004, 04:23 PM
yea, I agree betting out, hoping to 3 bet is a good plan. I just wanted to point out that you're doing this to build a bigger pot. Protecting your hand is more of a secondary goal.

bisonbison
09-01-2004, 04:47 PM
Well, I think that betting out with the hope of getting raised is not a great plan against anyone but a maniac, since anyone else who raises will probably have either trip Ks, a boat or a higher flush. This guy was a little laggy, but not maniacal.

bisonbison
09-01-2004, 07:49 PM
Everyone called my turn bet. The river paired the seven. I checked, the first loosepassive bet, the second loosepassive raised and I folded, the second flush I've had to fold on the river today.

the preflop raiser had AA with no spade. the second loosepassive had K8o.