PDA

View Full Version : AK Gutshot with overcards senarios

08-29-2002, 01:33 PM
I would like some advice (or confirmation) on a few flop senarios with AKo.

All senarios have the same preflop play. This being:

MP calls, I raise AcKs, both blinds call.

These are the flops I would like to consider

1. 3TJr

2. 3TQr

3. 3JQr

4. 9TJr

5. 9TQr

6. 9JQr

7. 3dTdJh

8. 3dTdQh

9. 3dJdQh

10. 9dTdJh

11. 9dTdQh

12. 9dJdQh

If SB bet and BB and MP called which flops would you raise with. Which flops would you fold. If these players will often give you a free card would you never just call.

Now if you add two more MP flop callers into the hand would the range of flops you like change much.

Any advice would be appreciated

Joe

08-29-2002, 02:33 PM
This is probably very basic for most of the posters here, but I have never seen this discussed in detail. I often hear/see people say that a gut shot with over cards is a good flop and should be played aggressivly. Yet when you consider a few of the possible situation bellow I would be happy with some, but very scared with others.

In the first situation

With 1-3 I would raise. With 4-9 I am unsure. With 10-12 I would fold.

With more players on the flop Im not sure things would change much, but I think I would be more inclined to just call and see how things develop.

I guess both situations are OK, but if the first situation is changed to: Flop checked to MP immediately to my right and he bets. Now what.

Then I what if I make it to the turn without improving. I guess a specific hand would be good.

Specific hand:

MP limps, I raise AKo, SB & BB call.

Flop: 9TJr

SB check BB check MP bets. 9 SB bets. I just call.

Good or Bad?

Everyone calls.

Turn: 9TJ3r

SB check BB check MP bets. 7 BB bets. I call. Good Bad?

I figure 4 outs to the nut straight. plus 3 outs for an A (maybe tainted). Plus 3 outs to a K (probably tainted).

The odds seem like they might be OK, but I didnt like doing this.

I guess I could have posted this hand first, but I may never see this specific situation again so general advice on what are the most important factors in these situation would be best.

Thanks

Joe