PDA

View Full Version : Qestion on Holdem?

tjgarner
09-01-2004, 01:08 PM
I don't understand the blind bid. Does everyone before the deal bid or just a certian person? If no then who bids?

09-01-2004, 01:09 PM
What?

Ralph Wiggum
09-01-2004, 01:23 PM
HAHA

All-In
09-01-2004, 01:41 PM
Uhh.., I don't really understand your question. I'm assuming you're asking about the blinds. In a normal limit game, the person to the left of the dealer button posts a small blind and the person to left of the small blind posts a big blind.

prayformojo
09-01-2004, 01:57 PM
I've never read Poker for Dummies, but I think you might want to check it out. If not, there's a "Beginners" forum

<--------------------right over there.

MaxPower
09-01-2004, 02:07 PM
The person who is 1 to the left of the dealer puts up a small blind and and the person 2 to the left of the dealer puts up a big blind. The other players do no put any money in before the cards are dealt. After each hand the dealer button is passed around the table, so eventually everyone pays the blinds.

If you have more of these questions, post them in the beginners forum. You questions will be treated with more respect there.

easypete
09-01-2004, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand the blind bid. Does everyone before the deal bid or just a certian person? If no then who bids?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty simple...

If your partner bids something increadibly high... like maybe 5 or 6, your opposing team has said they can make 5 or 6... that leaves only about 1 or 2 hands you can win. That's really only worth 20 points. So, you should really think about going blind nil (which, depending on the rules, you may get 80 points and be able to exchange a card w/ your partner... if you can't exchange, just hope you don't get the Ace of spades... that would suck).

Now if your partner went nil, after looking at his cards, you can go blind 6 and get 120 points (again, if the rules allow).

If you're feeling rather skippy, I think you can do the blind 8 (where you and your partner must take 8 hands or get set), but this is much more dangerous, as you may only have one of your opponents bidding before hand.

Oh... nuts.... just saw the title. "Question on Holdem".... yeah.... beginners forum, or just watch the WSOP, WPT, or Celebrity Poker.

MoreWineII
09-01-2004, 02:13 PM
I'm confused. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif