PDA

View Full Version : Ah yes...the inevitable scheme of things (Long)

CardCuda
09-01-2004, 12:50 PM
A little history....New cardroom just opened about a month ago in my little "podunk" town in Central Washington. The juiciest $3-6 game on the planet, I believe. (If you have ever played the play money games on Paradise, this is the same game).

Regularly a minimum of 7 players to the flop. If it's capped they are coming regardless. Big pots, crap hands, "sooted" is the word you hear most, I folded A-6o UTG... as the cards were sliding across the table they flipped and showed and the "gasps" you heard from everyone you'd a thought "literally" that someone died at the table. "You don't play that! How stupid!" I hear. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Got the picture?

Anyway, I've been doing well at this game the last couple weeks. Then comes the following:

My 1st 5 hands (played in 2 Orbits) Last nights session:

Set 9's -

In the CO with 99 (1st hand) 5 limpers I raise, all call,

Flop A 9 6 (rainbow) Checked to LP bets, I raise, 3 callers turn blank LP bets I raise, 2 callers, River K - checked to me I bet, 1 caller I WIN! YAY!

Scalped Cowboys -

KK MP, 4 limpers to me Raise, Everyone behind calls, 9 to the flop - K Q 8 2 diamonds, Checked to me I lead out, 4 callers. Turn 6 (black) Check to me, I check, CO bets, 2 callers, I raise, CO raises, callers fold, I cap, 2 to the river - T (black) - bet raised capped etc...CO hit the gutshot w/J9o.

HUGE POT -

K /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in BB.

Limped in 1st 2 positions, raised and capped by MP all call to me hmmm... I call the $9 and so does everyone else. 10 to the flop (no chit) - 77K SB checks I bet, UTG raises (prematurely BTW), 3 callers, I make it 3bets, UTG caps, 2 Callers, Turn 8, SB checks, I bet, UTG raises, 2 folds, I 3 bet, UTG calls. River A - I bet, UTG calls. UTG = A7o /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

# of the beast -

66 in SB - (Sketchy on this one) 7 to flop in a raised pot by the BTN. Flop 6 T 3 rainbow - Capped on the flop with 4 players in, Turn T, Capped on the turn with the same 4 players - River = J Btn has JJ, I believe UTG had QTo, and the other player with 3's /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Can you say "Sooted" - I did: /images/graemlins/blush.gif

7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif In BB

Raised pot - 8 to the flop 733 (no chit I'm tellin' ya)

I check raised the flop with 4 people in, 3 stay including the villain CO - turn blank, bet raised capped with 3 players to the river - A with the flush out there, Bet, raised capped etc... 1 flush, 2 full-boats with the CO having 77 /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ah yes, so I busted out on the last hand - It was my shortest session ever just over a half-hour. I could have rebought and played more, but I decided that's enough...you got me...I'll be back...

I love this game /images/graemlins/grin.gif