PDA

View Full Version : KK in BB. Nasty, nasty board.

mmbt0ne
09-01-2004, 12:31 PM
No strong reads on anyone at the table. The table as a whole was pretty passive pre-flop except for UTG+1 who would raise with any suited cards.

Here's the hand, with my in-head commentary of the events.

Paradise Poker 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $0.10.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

<font color="green">At this point I'm amazed that 5 people came along for the ride on a capped flop, including 3 who called an extra 3 bets to see it. I'm actually kind of worried right now that someone has AA.</font>

Flop: (25 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

<font color="green">That's right!! How's your AA now punk!</font>

Turn: (15 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG folds.

<font color="green">Uh oh. I really don't like seeing that 3rd spade and a raise after I capped pre-flop, and bet out the flop. But I've seen people at this table hold on to a pair after the flop trying to make a set on the turn, so maybe that's what he's got. Even if he does have the flush, I have 10 outs to make a full house or better, and for 19:1 pot odds, I have to call this.</font>

River: (20 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="green">Right now I'm pissed, but I'm not folding trip Kings for one bet into a 20 BB pot. Hopefully he was slow playing a set of J's, or he hit his set on the turn.</font>

Final Pot: 22 BB

LowDown22
09-01-2004, 12:41 PM
Played it fine. It happens.

Shargaas
09-01-2004, 01:01 PM
I think you played this fine. You definitely have to call the bet on the river.

deacsoft
09-01-2004, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Played it fine. It happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

Gordon Scott
09-01-2004, 04:50 PM
Looks good to me.

It happened to me 5 times in 3 hours on 3 tables last night.
One bet was a bigger river set but I had 4 sets cracked when the board 4 or 5 flushed. I never slowed betting or raising until the 4th flush card hit and I'm pretty sure I was never behind until the river. The really odd thing was that 4 times out of 5 it was clubs.

It just happens.

Best of luck

mmbt0ne
09-02-2004, 12:34 AM
Ok, great. Going 4/4 on approval is good enough for me. And just so you know, he turned over A/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Brain
09-02-2004, 12:39 AM
I'll check in if you'll check out my KK hand.
Looks fine to me here. Sucks that you ran into a 4 flush with a set of kings.