PDA

View Full Version : i wimped out here or did i play ok,should i even have played?

Noodles
09-01-2004, 12:20 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: noodles is Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, MP (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">noodles raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif
I was not liking this flop!
<font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, noodles calls,arrghh what to do? I just called hopinig there would be no reraise SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, noodles calls ,really thinking the dude could have a flush here so i just call,anyone 3 bet here? SB folds, BB folds.

River: (13 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="CC3333">noodles bets</font>, MP calls.

I think i was totally at sea in this hand and played it horribly,what should i have done and what is the general advise in these situations?

Final Pot: 15 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15 BB, between noodles and MP.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by noodles (15 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP shows 2s Qd (one pair, queens).
noodles shows Qc Kc (two pair, kings and queens).
Outcome: noodles wins 15 BB. </font>

Noodles
09-01-2004, 01:44 PM
. how do i post a blank message part?

Ralph Wiggum
09-01-2004, 01:48 PM
They updated it awhile, so now I don't think can post blank messages.

Now when I want to post a "N/M post", I add a '.' in the message area.

Ralph Wiggum
09-01-2004, 01:50 PM
Call on the flop is fine, cuz your pot equity ain't so great. But I would have definitely 3-bet the turn. Check the river through if you want, but don't slow down on the turn.

3-betting is really fun, try it!
Ralph

Noodles
09-01-2004, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Call on the flop is fine, cuz your pot equity ain't so great

[/ QUOTE ] ok can you explain what exactly pot equity is,i see it in a lot of posts.

[ QUOTE ]
3-betting is really fun, try it

[/ QUOTE ]
I want to,but sometimes I am afraid /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ralph Wiggum
09-01-2004, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok can you explain what exactly pot equity is,i see it in a lot of posts.

[/ QUOTE ] The % of times that you'll win the pot.

[ QUOTE ]
I want to,but sometimes I am afraid

[/ QUOTE ] What have you got to lose? Other than lots of money.

Noodles
09-01-2004, 02:20 PM
Thanks Ralph and have you any info on who is the simpson character that is coming out of the closet next season,i have ten euros on Lenny at 10/1!!!