PDA

View Full Version : money behind

08-28-2002, 12:25 PM
Those of you who play with other people's money, what kind of deals do you have? How often do they collect on your winnings, how much %, etc. A friend (with lots o green) has offered to back me in a 10-20, but neither one of us knows whether I can be a consistent winner at the game (I usually play half those limits). How long do I need to play (and show a profit or loss) before he and I know whether it is worth continuing?

Thanks for your sage advice.

08-28-2002, 01:22 PM
Don't go the Huck Seed route. Play with own money only. The pressure will be less and you will get a more accurate analysis of your play with your own money.

08-28-2002, 02:44 PM
If you are not sure that you can beat a game then you probably can`t.

When you reach that state of nivana where you are in control and the only way to lose is when you are sucked out on by a long shot then you are ready.

08-28-2002, 02:52 PM
I don't play with other people's money, so I can't give you any advice on a fair split. However, if your average win rate is $20/hour at 5-10, when you move up in limit the competition gets better and the bankroll swings get bigger. It is tougher to win consistently. Depending on the split, you will have a difficult to impossible time winning enough at the higher limit to make more per hour than at 5-10 while paying your backer.

Save up some of your money and go it alone. And good luck.

08-28-2002, 06:35 PM
"Those of you who play with other people's money, what kind of deals do you have?"

Safe ones. The kind that won't cause a fuss no matter how it turns out. Place personal considerations above financial, then just stay fair, meaning do only deals that both sides are happy with, without no one feeling even a little bit dicked. It's easy, with sensible people, especially if you don't get too nitpicky, and leave some aspects open to whim, handshakey like.

I just worked a crazy deal this morning, right at the table, in an $80 buy in no-limit tourny, that if a certain person busted me out, I'd get 5% of his action in the tourny, for free. He had me three-to-one in chips at the time. Now that's what I call a fair deal!

Tommy