PDA

View Full Version : Nut Flush on the River: Raise or Overcalls?

MagicRat
09-01-2004, 11:58 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks,

Flop: (5 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Button folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ...

Is it pretty standard in a spot like this, go for Overcalls if more than 1 player still to play but raise if Heads-up or just 1 player left to act??

Now that I look at the hand some more, should I have raised out of the BB?? How's the flop and turn?? Yeech, I may have more to worry about than just the River play. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

btspider
09-01-2004, 12:11 PM
tend to raise with the nuts, you may get in a raising war or have cold-callers. save going for overcalls when you have a good hand, but are not sure where you stand against the bettor.

John White
09-01-2004, 12:12 PM
Hmmm... Nut flush draw with 6:1 pot odds and three people to act after you? That's a tough spot. Difficult to buy the button with a raise. A raise might have gotten you a check from the SB on the turn, but probably not a free card if you had people acting after you. I'm interested to hear some advice on this situation as well. (Of course I'm focusing on your play on the flop instead of your actual question...)

DMBFan23
09-01-2004, 12:34 PM
I would raise this flop, you may get a better ace to fold, and you have the nut flush draw, so you only need one cold caller to add value (assuming SB sticks around)

turn looks good.

raise el river-o

I think you have a (small) equity edge preflop, but I don't yet have the balls to raise this.