PDA

View Full Version : Poker Gods are Just.

DKNY
09-01-2004, 10:53 AM
First off, I'm not a Matusow fan, However he did show some class when he offered to shake Raymer's hand again and his apology did seem sincere. Anyway....

Raymer's A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif hand vs Matusow's 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif hand. That has to be one of the funniest sequence of events that I've ever seen.

When Raymer moved in. Matusow first rambled about his read, don't let him down this time. blah blah blah. Then when the cards were flipped, he looked up, rambled on, (I don't recall exactly what he said, if someone can post it that would be great) Something to the effect of, please, please, let me win this one. Then BAM! Very next card, was the 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif hahahahaha.

The Poker Gods are just. Would've been wrong in so many levels if Matusow busted Raymer in that hand.

ZeeJustin
09-01-2004, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Poker Gods are just. Would've been wrong in so many levels if Matusow busted Raymer in that hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raymer had more chips, i.e why Matusow was eliminated after the hand.

Edit: oops, sorry. Guess I was wrong.

eMarkM
09-01-2004, 11:14 AM
No, Matasow had Greg covered. Greg was risking his tourney on the push with the big draw. When he lost the hand the Mouth lost about 2/3 of his chips. He later went out on a brutal beat with AK v AQ when a Q fell on the river, leading to his emotional meltdown.

daryn
09-01-2004, 11:39 AM
what he said was "please god don't let me be unlucky this time" or something like that.

he actually had to get "a little lucky" because he was a small small dog.

Daliman
09-01-2004, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what he said was "please god don't let me be unlucky this time" or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking pekingese? Those things REALLY annoy me too...

SossMan
09-01-2004, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

probably semantics, but not really a "small, small dog"..probably more like just a small dog...like a pug, not a Chihuahua.

Result
http://twodimes.net/h/?z=478330
pokenum -h ad jd - 9s 7s -- th 9d 3d
Holdem Hi: 990 enumerated boards containing 9d 3d Th
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
Ad Jd 538 54.34 452 45.66 0 0.00 0.543
9s 7s 452 45.66 538 54.34 0 0.00 0.457

Dominic
09-01-2004, 03:04 PM
The best moment was right before the turn card...Mike the Mouth yells out "duece!" and sure enough, the 2 of diamonds hits!

So I'm sure in the back of his mind somewhere, Mike's thinking, "if I had only called the duece of HEARTS I'd of won that thing!"