PDA

View Full Version : No creative title, but interesting hand #2

junkmail3
09-01-2004, 10:24 AM
On this one, I'm looking more for specific insight on my flop play, and then on whether or not I extracted the most possible on the turn and river, and should have bet so hard. Thanks.

Hero is MP2 A /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, SB calls, BB checks. (5 players - 5SB)

Flop: 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB bets, BB calls, MP1 raises, Hero calls, MP3 calls, SB calls, BB calls (5 players - 15SB)

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 bets, Hero calls, MP3 folds, SB calls, BB calls. (4 players - 11.5BB)

River 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks, BB bets, MP1 raises, Hero reraises, SB folds, BB caps, MP1 call, Hero folds.

Just kidding, hero calls. (3 players - 23.5BB)

Now, I know the river paid up pretty well, but was this the best course of action do you think?

09-01-2004, 10:28 AM
I'd probably fold on the flop, you're drawing to two outs against a four, and there isn't many cards you want to see on the turn, save an ace, which might not even help your hand. Since you didn't, raise raise raise the turn, either the SB and BB are coming along and will call two cold, or they're going to fold for one bet anyways. Once you have the second nuts, there is no need to slowplay on the turn. Get your chips in there.

Victor
09-01-2004, 10:30 AM
I like the turn and river.

I would probably 3-bet the flop unless I knew that MP was a rock.

junkmail3
09-01-2004, 12:47 PM
Board: 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

(Hero has A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif)
BB has 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
MP1 has J /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero wins 23.5BB

Ralph Wiggum
09-01-2004, 01:06 PM
well played