PDA

View Full Version : ESPN WSOP

Toro
09-01-2004, 09:34 AM
I'm going to state the obvious here, but ESPN has hit a homerun with the 2004 WSOP coverage. Last year was great too but they've managed to top it.

The WPT should take notice and change their format as some of the best moments take place prior to the final table.

Ghazban
09-01-2004, 09:38 AM
You ought to amend that to WSOP main event coverage. The non-main event coverage has been dreadful. One hour to see 9 guys get knocked out of a final table and they feel the need to waste 10-15 minutes of that time showing 'The Nuts' and crew montages.

The main event coverage has been pretty decent so far, I'll give them that, but the other events were barely watchable as you knew that every hand they showed would result in the player with the smaller stack going all-in and getting knocked out.

Toro
09-01-2004, 09:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You ought to amend that to WSOP main event coverage. The non-main event coverage has been dreadful. One hour to see 9 guys get knocked out of a final table and they feel the need to waste 10-15 minutes of that time showing 'The Nuts' and crew montages.

The main event coverage has been pretty decent so far, I'll give them that, but the other events were barely watchable as you knew that every hand they showed would result in the player with the smaller stack going all-in and getting knocked out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was referring to the main event, only saw a few minutes of the end of the stud event. And yes they could lose the Nuts.