PDA

View Full Version : crazy theory

deano6410
09-01-2004, 09:15 AM
Has anyone ever tried using a strange technique in No limit games and won from it?

I once tried folding every hand and came 3rd, but it rarely happens. Another one worth trying is to never raise no matter what you have. It takes discipline, but your opponents will not know how to play you. They can try being smart and raising you, then you simply call or fold. So they raise again, and you call or fold. Then the cards are turned over and hey presto you had 3 of a kind from the flop.
It also means that if you have a half decent hand that you would normally fold e.g. you have Q 9 and the flop is K J 2.
You would have a very small chance of getting a ten on the turn or river, so you check, normally your opponents would raise you, but they dont know how to play you any more, so you usually get to the river card without being bet.

Anyway, have you ever tried any weird things like this?

adamstewart
09-01-2004, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone ever tried using a strange technique in No limit games and won from it?

I once tried folding every hand and came 3rd, but it rarely happens. Another one worth trying is to never raise no matter what you have. It takes discipline, but your opponents will not know how to play you. They can try being smart and raising you, then you simply call or fold. So they raise again, and you call or fold. Then the cards are turned over and hey presto you had 3 of a kind from the flop.
It also means that if you have a half decent hand that you would normally fold e.g. you have Q 9 and the flop is K J 2.
You would have a very small chance of getting a ten on the turn or river, so you check, normally your opponents would raise you, but they dont know how to play you any more, so you usually get to the river card without being bet.

Anyway, have you ever tried any weird things like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, "crazy."

Question: ... and why are we not raising 3 of a kind?

Officer Farva
09-01-2004, 11:24 AM
I once tried a "crazy theory" of my own. When I had good cards, I'd raise. When I had bad cards, I'd fold. Sometimes I'd raise even if I had bad cards, if I thought the other guy had worse. Didn't work too well.

Dont know what the hell I was thinking!

Patriarch
09-01-2004, 01:14 PM
I occasionally try playing only Hellmuth's 'Top 10 Hands' in crazy freerolls with 3000 players going for 130 money places. I usually get pasted with a mid-pair (88, 99, TT) against overcards.

dogmeat
09-01-2004, 04:52 PM
The only crazy thing I have tried, was reading Hellmuth's book!

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Vollycat
09-01-2004, 05:09 PM
Never tried anything like this because umm, why would you. OK so now you have the table confused why you didn't raise a set, and you may even get a free card...for what? If you get the set/nuts and never make someone pay for it, what is the 'use' of trying to confuse them. I don't get the 'crazy theory' sorry. Get great cards and just call so you don't make them bleed?

Atropos
09-01-2004, 05:30 PM
I play something that crazy only in freerolls. Meaning I go all-in my first hand. If no one calls me fine, I will go all-in again. If I get called and win I will still go all-in the next hand. Basically I will be going all-in every hand, until I have reached something like 3x starting chips. Then I start playing my normal game.