PDA

View Full Version : Check #1 KQo

Rico Suave
09-01-2004, 08:14 AM
Early in my session, so no reads.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks,

Flop: (4 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, CO calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

River: (8 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12 BB, between Hero and UTG.</font>

Bez
09-01-2004, 08:19 AM
Why did you c/r the flop?

bakku
09-01-2004, 08:20 AM
I raise preflop and bet out on the flop. Turn and river are fine.

Lost Wages
09-01-2004, 10:02 AM
Small pot, few opponents, why get fancy? Just bet the flop. Other than that it looks routine. He sucked outed with a crappy hand or made a bad slowplay (or you won /images/graemlins/smile.gif), don't sweat it.

Lost Wages

Rico Suave
09-01-2004, 10:11 AM
LostWages:

[ QUOTE ]
Small pot, few opponents, why get fancy? Just bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I agree. 98% of the time I just lead in this spot. I thought I would change it up and try to build a little bit of a pot with my very likely best hand. I was pretty sure that flop would not be checked around. It was probably silly.

[ QUOTE ]
He sucked outed with a crappy hand or made a bad slowplay (or you won ), don't sweat it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I did not win. And I was just wondering if everyone pays this one off. I almost always do without a read, but I wonder how many bets I piss away by doing so.

--Rico

J.R.
09-01-2004, 12:27 PM
And I was just wondering if everyone pays this one off. I almost always do without a read, but I wonder how many bets I piss away by doing so.

I fold this when I am playing well. Blindly paying off, even though many around here say you have to do it, isn't always right, especially in a hand where you have shown substantial strength and its apparent your opponent can beat a K. It would be ca close call had you not check-raised the flop, whcih makes this an easy fold IMO. But I will add the caveats that 1) I don't always play my a game and 2) I really try to pay attention to not just my oppopents, but the general tenor of the game.

In general, they guys you need to pay off on this river tend to make themselves apparent. But getting 11-1, you mistake isn't a huge one in the grand scheme of things.