PDA

View Full Version : Bad laydown at home game (micromicro limit)?

Jaraim
09-01-2004, 06:35 AM
We're playing nickel-dime poker at our home game (we're very poor college students). I'm up about 20 BB for the session.

I'm in MP with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. It's folded to me, and I decide to take a stab with a 3xBB raise. I get folds all the way over to the big blind (a maniac) who just calls.

Flop comes:

A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif

He checks, I make a pot sized bet (6.5 BB), and he thinks for a while and calls.

Turn comes T /images/graemlins/spade.gif and he immediately announces "All-in".

Based on his playing style, I put him on either ATo or QTo. He totally overvalues these hands and he may have been trying to "slowplay" his two pair on the flop (despite the fact that it's in very bad shape...).

I eventually muck the hand, telling him I've "laid down a monster." He eventually did show, but I'm obviously not going to say what it was so that I can get a better critique.

crockett
09-01-2004, 07:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I put him on either ATo or QTo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmm.....This would give him a full house, you have a straight, you would lose, so you should fold. Also, this is a LIMIT forum, you should post this on NO LIMIT.

You have to learn to trust your reads, if your read was wrong then you have to get better at making reads. When you post your question on the other forum you will need to include stack sizes and blinds, it makes a big difference in the answer.

I put him on a K-high flush.

Peter Harris
09-01-2004, 07:52 AM
a maniac would call in the BB with two spades. You are sensitive to a redraw even if you're best.

This is a nolimit hand, would be better responded to in the NL forum.

I'd be likely to fold this to an all in bet, if you're not behind you could lose to a redraw and if you ARE behind you're drawing dead.

Regards,
Pete Harris