PDA

View Full Version : Mixing it up like Jason

300CE24
09-01-2004, 06:04 AM
Played this hand yesterday at a Paradise $15 + rebuy/addon NLHE MTT:

Blinds: 1000/2000, I'm in the BB with 25k, SB has about 50k. SB has on earlier hands demonstrated the ability to make a lay down. It is folded to SB, who completes. I min raise with 37o to see if he is slow playing a monster or just wants to se a flop. He calls. I now know that he hasn't got a monster. The flop comes J52r. He min bets and I min raise to see if he hit big. He cold calls. I know assume he has a weak but playable hand or a monster. Turn comes (J52r) 10r. He now checks. I still put him on a weak hand or a monster. I min bet. He cold calls. I now put him on a weak hand. River comes (J52Tr) 8 I think. He checks. I push. He folds. The beauty of the hand was that I was able to gain a decent amount of chips with rags, and that after the river fell I was very certain I could do so with very low risk. I also felt that I could get away from the hand at any time.

Comments on the play?

BRGDS,

TheFink
09-01-2004, 06:50 AM
These hands sound good in theory until u do your whole stack with them. I know plenty of players with a good feel of the game who simply cannot resist playing these all-or-nothing hands, and they work spectacularly for a while then kill you...

betgo
09-01-2004, 07:54 AM
Just check with 37o. If you want to make a move on your opponent, make a bet big enough to make him fold. All these miniraises do is build the pot, which you do not want to do with 37o. Don't get fancy. I think you are trying to be too clever. Just check fold with 37o.

In last nights Super Tuesday, I went allin with 27o. The blinds were 400/800. I had about T8K on the button. The players in the blinds had T2K and T3K. Two more players had to be eliminated to get to the money.

In that case, I would have gone allin with any hand. There are places to raise with any two cards and place to call with any two cards.