PDA

View Full Version : Raise turn for free showdown?

manwhoonlyeats
09-01-2004, 03:58 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (13 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Piiop
09-01-2004, 04:04 AM
I would raise this preflop.

Instead of raising the turn because you want a free showdown, howbout raising because you have the best hand?

I would bet the river.

btspider
09-01-2004, 07:14 AM
Its not a good idea to assume that you'll see a free showdown against someone who just pulled a stop-n-go. The turn bet likely means BB "improved" to 2-pair.. most likely with a weak King. A 3 would likely check-raise you. I'd say you likely split this pot.

You can bet this river.

Peter Harris
09-01-2004, 07:46 AM
Raise PF, drive out blinds.

raise the turn because you're most likely best.

Bet the river. Why do you want a free showdown? you have top pair and the flush draw missed. You would have heard from stronger K's and 3's by then.

Regards,
Pete Harris